My work is done

walshie

Last week I cut a load of logs that have been sitting there for 2 years roughly to length. I intended to split them a bit at a time over the next few weeks, but I find it very therapeutic sitting there with the splitter, the radio on and a cuppa. I started splitting these yesterday afternoon and finished them this morning. Should keep me going this winter. 

20180818_124454.jpg.da7d449924a74c6f0f12cdd807b55c17.jpg

Edited by walshie

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A reasonable presentation, what will you do for 2019?:rolleyes:

Freeze. :lol:

I have another batch of logs seasoning that have been there about a year, so should be perfect by then. 

Edited by walshie

Guest cookoff013
19 hours ago, walshie said:

Too many logs is a nice problem to have. Or you could buy a small net of them at the petrol station for £3. 

Yeah, some logs I bought, were green. They were fresh cut.

Good job there I know how much work goes into putting them together. Heat you three times once when you cut it once when you split it and once when you burn it. I have this years ready but no more wood till I get these trees down here and tree guy is in on Tuesday to cut them. One of them is ash so that will be next years supply sorted. 

One year i cut some logs early but did not split them till later by which time they had hardened and tested my patience. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

One year i cut some logs early but did not split them till later by which time they had hardened and tested my patience. 

i bet that was fun, sore wrists fingers and elbows!!!

take some before and after pics of the area your having work done, its always surprising how different things look afterwards 

1 hour ago, Zapp said:

We got rid of our wood storage this year so it's smokeless coal for the stove and housecoal for the open fire from here on.

I tried smokeless in mine as it supposed to be dual fuel but it burns really hot. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

i bet that was fun, sore wrists fingers and elbows!!!

take some before and after pics of the area your having work done, its always surprising how different things look afterwards 

It was my first time doing logs and i thought it was a good idea to prep loads and did not realise they would harden. 

Pics are empty wood pile, ash to be dropped and one of the chesnuts to be polarded.  I am glad its not me doing the work.

wood pile.jpg

ash tree.jpg

chesnut.jpg

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Why?

We needed the space and I haven't time to go and collect the wood anymore.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I tried smokeless in mine as it supposed to be dual fuel but it burns really hot. 

It is hot but still less so than bitumenous.  Once it's going it runs for 8 hours or more until it needs refilling.