Internet Radio

walshie

I'm not usually a fan of technology, but living in the sticks, we can only get about 4 radio stations on regular FM and about 15 or so on DAB. I've been looking at various options for my man cave and decided on an internet radio. It arrived this morning and all I can say is Wow! It does FM, DAB and this magic trickery called internet radio. No longer stuck with 4 stations, I have 25000 to choose from. What have I been missing all this time? Anyone got one? 

12 hours ago, walshie said:

I'm not usually a fan of technology, but living in the sticks, we can only get about 4 radio stations on regular FM and about 15 or so on DAB. I've been looking at various options for my man cave and decided on an internet radio. It arrived this morning and all I can say is Wow! It does FM, DAB and this magic trickery called internet radio. No longer stuck with 4 stations, I have 25000 to choose from. What have I been missing all this time? Anyone got one? 

I have been thinking about getting one of these, problem is there is so many out there. What one did you get.

Thanks

chris

I use my phone through a Bluetooth speaker. My latest discovery is freesound.org - a site where people upload recordings of divers subjects. I've struck on the dawn chorus recordings and play them on loop when I'm doing stuff around the flat here in Saudi. Birds, chickens, the occasional pheasant and the sound of distant church bells - I can almost forget that I'm stuck here...

Radioplayer app for me on iPhone and then send it to speaker via Bluetooth.

I’m full time renovating our house at the moment so the radio keeps me going...

9am - LBC (Nick Ferrari)

10am - LBC (James O’Brien)

12noon - Absolute Radio (Leona Graham)

1:30pm - Bored of radio so switch to my Spotify playlists