Business Gift

ferguson_tom

I have spent quite a few hours thinking about this and still come up with nothing so hoping the PW massive can offer up some inspiration.... one of my companies big distributors has opened a new factory and we would like to get them something as a gift. I was thinking something from a local artist but might be a dangerous move with art being so personal and subjective. Looking at spending up to £2k. All ideas appreciated as i am struggling and seeing them in a couple of weeks!

Thanks the drone idea is a great one, i will look into that.

No sorry i didn't explain myself properly, i am the sales and marketing manager and will be buying the gift (with company money) on behalf of my company to theirs. As a customer they are one of the longest and most loyal we have and £2k for a gift compared to what they have spend and done for us is nothing really but gives a budget to get something decent and long lasting.

52 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Isn't the essence of the Act that the gift or bribe must cause the recipient to behave improperly.

If it is just a thank you for a normal business relationship, then what's the problem - but then I'm not a lawyer looking for problems in everything

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Just read and think i am okay especially as the gift is for the business rather than an individual. I know a number of companies that have works of art from their suppliers/customers to celebrate a milestone, some of which are quite proudly presented clearly denoting where, why and who its come from.

1 hour ago, Eyefor said:

What industry sector / line of business please?

We are a manufacturer of industrial consumables.

Edited by ferguson_tom

I’ve Heard that a brown envelope works 😂 

With one of Are big clients we sponsor a holiday for disabled children as there director go’s along and helps out,

we also buy box’s at help the heroes events and invite all are clients but this can be very pricey. As we went to the oval once to watch the cricket and we had a five course meal with all the plays and there was an auction of promises. Of which there where two cricket bats signed by all the plays and just to mention a few Brain Laura, Brendon mcCullen,  Tendulkar,

So we ended up buying the bats and giving them to clients that where passionate about cricket,

they still thank us for that day and the bats that are on the walls in there reception.

That was three years ago and my parter still cannot get over the price for them two bats.