Sign in to follow this  
Lord v

Laurona spares

The firing pin on my Laurona snapped today..... Fun times. 

Where's the go to for spares? 

Gun is only worth a few 100 and I was looking to upgrade at some point this year anyway so not worth spending £££ on having a part machined and fitted. 

Which Laurona do you have ??  O/U ?  Side by side ? There are some that can be easily made and some of the older O/U's that are very difficult to make [ and remove ] but can be repaired .

I tried getting Laurona spares a few years back and found it very difficult for O/U's even those sold as Winchesters .

It's the eibar single trigger boxlock OU. 

Spoke to the bosher and he said the last one he had to have made but would keep an eye out for a single pin. 

I'm not holding out much hope though, they are weird looking things and seem to be out of stock everywhere. 

The Mrs has given permission to replace the gun anyway so 'too expensive to repair' is pretty much the best outcome here.... 😁

Edited by Lord v

If its one of the strikers that fit round the leaver spindle then it can have a new striker nose made and fitted . Biggest problem is the stripping down and rebuilding as it not as simple as other O/U's .All down to time /labour costs .

22 minutes ago, Gunman said:

If its one of the strikers that fit round the leaver spindle then it can have a new striker nose made and fitted . Biggest problem is the stripping down and rebuilding as it not as simple as other O/U's .All down to time /labour costs .

Exactly my worry. 

I will have a chat with a local Smith this week and get their opinion. The guns only worth £300 odd so this could get uneconomical very quickly if I can't find another pin. 

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

phone uk gun repairs ask for dennis

Exactly my plan. 👍