Shooting vests

ferretmanabu

I don't wear one myself. As far as i can tell they have the deep pockets for carts and also some have the small pocket in the shoulder so you can put in these little recoil reducer pads.

You can also get them with Perazzi and Beretta stamped all over them but you won't want one like that till you hit a mid-life crisis. :rolleyes:

I got a cheapy off eBay specifically so that I didn't have to keep carrying as much in assorted bags and other pockets. It's also got a shoulder thing that stops me dragging up a large chunk of fleece or jumper when I mount the gun.

Other than that, you can get them to match your gun... I guess that's a lot of the attraction.

I think most of it has been said to my mind they are ideal they have big pockets that are easy access and the cartridges wont fall out by accident they have a leather pad on the shoulder. You get the same friction between the butt of the gun and your clothing every time you mount the gun. As we know the key to accuracy in all shooting disciplines is consistancy. You can alo get them emproiderd with your glub name etc.

Dave

I think people find them comfortable, they are specifically designed as a shooting vest, with appropriate padding and pockets.

If I shot clays a lot, I would probably buy one.

Dont suppose your a ex large as I have a nice one for a consideration and postage :rolleyes:

I've got a Musto one with various pockets secreted in and outside it.

I load cack handedly despite being right handed so have enough carts for the stand in the left pocket and spares in the right pocket as well as being able to have somewhere to put money, glasses, spare ear plugs if I'm not using/forgotten my normal Deben ear muffs, cord for glasses, photocopy of my shotgun certificate and anything else that may be useful so I know where it is.

It also helps provide a consistent mount as it is smooth and there is nothing to snag the butt of the gun on when mounting.

FM :lol:

I've used one for years for clay shooting. Origially a plain green barbour one but since it's shrunk (my excuse!!) & no longer meets in the middle I've bought a browning vest. The big pockets are good for carrying 100+ cartidges, I've tried a bag but would leave it at the previous stands. Also I used to carry 2 sizes of cartridge 71/2 in one pocket & 9 in the other - given up on that now & just have lots of 8's

I got a cheapy off eBay specifically so that I didn't have to keep carrying as much in assorted bags and other pockets. It's also got a shoulder thing that stops me dragging up a large chunk of fleece or jumper when I mount the gun.

Other than that, you can get them to match your gun... I guess that's a lot of the attraction.

wookie do the do them for Baikal's

• 5 weeks later...
I left my vest over the chair and went shooting without it a couple of weeks ago - I was totally lost without it. Nowhere to put the carts and mounting wasn't the same. It was like going out without my watch on.

I feel the same, it's like i've forgot to put me trousers on.

Just feels weird!

Plus, I found a leather fronted one without a sponsors name for £40 at the Sporting Gun show.

It even has a pocket in each shoulder to but a gel recoil pad.

Should last me a lifetime.

I have shot in a waxed Jacket & just my T-shirt but you just feel complete when you're wearing one!!!

• 2 weeks later...