Sign in to follow this  
steve s×s

101 double triggers

Hello everyone, I have a 12g supergrade with twin triggers, doing a search on said gun they don't seem common ( one on guntrader) can anyone give a reason for this, were they commissioned , gun is fix chokes, each trigger only fires one barrel  and has Prince of wales ish stock , thanks for any info 

All I can find in my book regarding the 101 Super Grade with double triggers is a reference and photograph of said model stating that they were made for ‘Continental sale’. This example has a straight stock. Other Super Grade 101’s have a single trigger and a POW grip. 
Winchester 101’s are one of the most complex series of shotguns Winchester ever made, with a multitude of differences even between very similar grades and models. 

Thanks for reply Scully, it just got me thinking why so few with 2 triggers , I personally prefer this as I like sxs with the same setup ,

I always think that a straight hand stock is more conducive to double triggers and a pistol or semi pistol to a single trigger. Many of the earlier O/Us (Lincoln F.A.I.R etc.) had double triggers with a straight hand stock.

OB

Double trigger over/under guns are not very common.  Double triggers are usually found with either straight hand, very slight 'half' pistol grip or Prince of Wales grip.

Apart from English o/u's (which are in themselves uncommon and very expensive), you see a few Merkels with double triggers and even fewer Berettas.  I personally prefer a double trigger.

11 hours ago, Scully said:

All I can find in my book regarding the 101 Super Grade with double triggers is a reference and photograph of said model stating that they were made for ‘Continental sale’. This example has a straight stock. Other Super Grade 101’s have a single trigger and a POW grip. 
Winchester 101’s are one of the most complex series of shotguns Winchester ever made, with a multitude of differences even between very similar grades and models. 

Hi Scully

Would you mind telling me the book you refer to

Thanks

Edited by button

Double triggers are perfect for a game gun so that instant barrel selection can be made . Not really  possible with a barrel selector on the safe button .

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Double trigger over/under guns are not very common.  Double triggers are usually found with either straight hand, very slight 'half' pistol grip or Prince of Wales grip.

Apart from English o/u's (which are in themselves uncommon and very expensive), you see a few Merkels with double triggers and even fewer Berettas.  I personally prefer a double trigger.

Should have gone to Chapuis. :lol::good:

1 minute ago, wymberley said:

Should have gone to Chapuis. :lol::good:

Nothing against Chapuis, but I have Merkels (which are superb value (i.e very cheap) second hand).

3 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Nothing against Chapuis, but I have Merkels (which are superb value (i.e very cheap) second hand).

No argument from me, cracking guns and more available with the 2 triggers than many other makes. I just liked the weight and the smooth lines of the C35.

1 hour ago, Gunman said:

Double triggers are perfect for a game gun so that instant barrel selection can be made . Not really  possible with a barrel selector on the safe button .

Which is a completely unnecessary complication in my eyes.

Thank you all for your input, I agree double triggers better for game (why fix what isn't broke) but as many opinions as men , anyhow I think its brill  , better than my photos

20191206_173131.jpg

20191206_173157.jpg

20191206_173310.jpg

7 hours ago, button said:

Hi Scully

Would you mind telling me the book you refer to

Thanks

Winchester: An American Legend.

By R. L . Wilson. If you like Winchester’s it’s a book well worth having. 

6 hours ago, Scully said:

Winchester: An American Legend.

By R. L . Wilson. If you like Winchester’s it’s a book well worth having. 

Thanks

Much appreciated