Ricky Gervais

Benthejockey

Never liked any of his stuff and now can't bring myself to watch anything that he has any involvement with. Three reasons:

Firstly I just don't think it's funny. I can't abide "cringe" comedy. It's cringe worthy, not funny.

Secondly and the biggest reason is that I saw an interview a long time ago where the interviewer asked "what about the negative press and comments about "th e office? Some people say it's just not funny"

To which the p%!%@^ replied "It's not my fault if people aren't able to understand my genious "

He genuinely said that!! What a complete tool!!

And thirdly his hypocrital, insubstantiated and (hopefully) uneducated "anti" campaigns and activities.

Edd

Oh yeah, and the MIL loves him. That's reason on its own

18 minutes ago, London Best said:

Not popular, is he?

His £100 million net worth would seem to dispute that.

I don't like him much but he can be funny. Most importantly of all though he is pro free speech and against the censorship of comedy. Like him or not he is the kind of comedian we need. I'm tired of P.C. comedy. I'm tired of comedians being hauled over the coals for making a damn joke. Ricky may be a first class (insert insult of choice) but he did at least stand up for Count Dankula (search Nazi pug if you don't know what I'm referring to.

Face it, his joke about the ISIS streaming service was bang on.

Anyway I'm seeing far more pro-Ricky content on YT than anti content.

Step away from the mainstream media please sir.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I don't like him much but he can be funny. Most importantly of all though he is pro free speech and against the censorship of comedy. Like him or not he is the kind of comedian we need. I'm tired of P.C. comedy. I'm tired of comedians being hauled over the coals for making a damn joke. Ricky may be a first class (insert insult of choice) but he did at least stand up for Count Dankula (search Nazi pug if you don't know what I'm referring to.

This. Knob or not, he's obviously popular. I though 'Extras' was excellent. 

Edited by Scully

25 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I like him, despite the fact I don't agree with some of his opinions, and I don't always find him funny, good on him for tearing a strip or two off a few A listers

2 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Some of his standup is funny but I'm no fan of his tv work.

I've just watched the highlights of last night and I thought he was pretty funny. As it appeared did one of his victims, Di Caprio. I would have liked to see more of the audience reactions though.

If you hire a comedian known for doing quite brutal comedy don't be surprised when he turns that wit on a privileged audience. Shockers gonna shock.

Anyway as it was his last year, may I suggest Frankie Boyle for next year's host?

0ricky.png

I quite like Frankie Boyle, I know he is brutal but he gets away with it by being an angry ginger Scotsman. Ricky Gervais just seems more spoilt brat. You cant get paid to go to someones party and then stand there for 10 minutes going youre a pervert, youre a peadophile, youre a **** and anyway i dont even want to be hereating, i hate you all.

There's a scouse comedian I've seen on the Hot Water Comedy Club Facebook page he's very good. But I doubt the Americans would get his comedy.