Serious question

ditchman

on the daily briefing ...they put up a seris of graphs....and on the last graph.......(the ammount of deaths / country it is used to watch for the flatterning of the curve)..........thye scale on the left hand side (death number)....................the scale is a total mess...parts of the scale in one area show x-3000 deaths then in other parts of the scale for the same distance (scalewise) the number of deaths is totally different sometimes by a factor of 3

in my mind it is making the outcome to fit the figures ...........or massaging the scale to get the required curve..........

is there some mathermatical reason for this...............or are they being untrueful...........

It's a logarithmic scale, each 'unit' represents a 10-fold increase on the one before.ie 1=10, 2=100, 3=1000  (unit = the power of 10 used)

1 minute ago, Lord v said:

It's a logarithmic scale, it's needed where you have exponential growth or your graph looks like a vertical line. 

It's also used on a lot of loading charts in design calcs. 

beat me to it!

11 minutes ago, biketestace said:

Anyone who eats soup with scones is tuned differently ?☺️

you are not going to let that go are you.................what i used to do was to crumble them up and add then to the bowl of soup so it looked like lean mix concrete ....then i could eat it with a fork and scoop some out and put it on my bread.............

livin the dream.........................:good:

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

you are not going to let that go are you.................what i used to do was to crumble them up and add then to the bowl of soup so it looked like lean mix concrete ....then i could eat it with a fork and scoop some out and put it on my bread.............

livin the dream.........................:good:

😋