Orange tipped butterfly

B725

They are called orange tips! 

28 minutes ago, B725 said:

Just walking back with the dog and this little butterfly came past but was too busy to stay still for a photo, I don't think I've ever seen one before, it was bright white with bright orange on the end of it's wing's. 

I’ve had lots in my garden the boys love them, they like the fact that they butterflies are sexually dimorphic.

“That’s a daddy butterfly!”

But my 3 year old did ask “What colour are the baby butterflies?” To which I replied “Caterpillar coloured” 🤣

Yup, that certainly looks like madam butterfly 😊 The male would still be showing a bit of orange in that pose. Seen the odd one down in deepest Kent over the years,,,, lovely little things 😊

Great picture BTW 👍

I was walking the dog this evening and came across a wild blackberry bush that was covered, and I mean covered, in caterpillar nests (the white fluffy stuff). Each nest was crawling with caterpillars. Never seen that many before. 

23 minutes ago, AVB said:

I was walking the dog this evening and came across a wild blackberry bush that was covered, and I mean covered, in caterpillar nests (the white fluffy stuff). Each nest was crawling with caterpillars. Never seen that many before. 

Tightchoke will be along shortly to tell you what they were.