Morning in A&E

powler

Just spent the morning stressing outside A&E waiting for the wife to be tested for Covid19, I was not able to go in so had to sit and wait in the car. One thought that went through my mind was I didn't give her a kiss before she went in, was so worried they would admit her as you can imagine I would not be able to visit if they had admitted her.

Anyways thankfully much to my joy she came out a few hours later. 

As she is a key worker they swabbed her and we are awaiting the results back at home, but both been told to self isolate for at least a week as some results have been a false negative, the doctor thinks that some swabs were not done deep enough in the nasal passage, the wife said her swab was definitely deep enough lol

So glad she is home and her temperature has dropped, just breathing a bit tight and a headache so hopefully it is not Covid and just a bug.

Mick

They did not admit her, that is encouraging, may I wish her a speedy recovery.

She should receive  the test results in 48-72 hours and this will give instruction re need to continue self isolate or return to work dependent upon the result of the high nasal/deep throat swab and guidance for family members self isolation/testing.

atb

7diaw

Firstly, 7daysinaweek - all the very best of luck and I hope the tests come back negative.

Second, my mother in law has been in hospital since end of Feb, having broken her hip. Three weeks ago, she tested +ive for Corona but asymptomatic. 7 days later she was released back into a general ward. She was due to go home last Saturday but her care home said they wouldn't allow her back unless the hospital re-tested. Lo and behold it came back +ive again. Either someone at the hospital has ballsed up or the testing regime is up the Kyber. Worrying.

I was admitted myself last Tuesday, diagnosed with diabtetes. Interestingly, I was admitted via A&E at Shrewsbury. There were just two other people there and in the Acute Medical Unit there was a hole unit full of doctors and nurses with just me to look after - no-one else at all. Proof, as if proof needed that people aren't utilising the health service currently. 

Wife just got of the phone with a doctor and she is positive, but she is doing well and her symptoms are more like a chest infection, temperature is still down so hopefully the worse is gone, the doc did say it can subside and then come back, hopefully not this time. 

Weston best of wishes to you mother in law, hope she is doing well and improving.

Thanks for you kind words guys.

Mick