Robert Jenrick - Corruption?

WalkedUp

24 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I don't think he was corrupt, if he had been he would have made a better job of covering his tail

I don't think he's very good at covering his tail .......

He put his foot in it about travelling during lock down to a second home and to visit his parents as well.  Bit of a liability.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/police-seized-337k-cash-elliot-17931041.amp

Planning is my ball pit, I know first have that corruption is systemic due to the sheer value capable of being generated by arbitrary decisions that are vested in very few people. There was a good Guardian article that (almost) accused Labour Liverpool City Council of corruption as the bid I fronted for a well known local developer in conjunction with Urban Splash was rejected by NC in favour of some sham front set up to mask foreign money that never materialised. 

Sir Kier Starmer has shown that eegit RLB the door today but is being very sensitive regarding Robert Jenrick. I suspect they must have some exposure that they are concerned about, especially with Sadiq Khan. 

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I don't think he's very good at covering his tail .......

He put his foot in it about travelling during lock down to a second home and to visit his parents as well.  Bit of a liability.

Boris Johnson needs to find some steel. He had enough of a majority to be able to wield power. 

Robert Jenrick: Richard. As Secretary of State it is important not to give any appearance of being influenced by applicants of cases that I may have a role in or to have predetermined them and so I think it is best that we don't meet until after the matter has been decided, one way of [sic] another ...

Why not - 'not to be influenced by applicants' if that's what he meant to say. Or is it just the appearance part that's important to him? 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

I don't think he was corrupt, if he had been he would have made a better job of covering his tail

Really????? :lol:

33 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Boris Johnson needs to find some steel. He had enough of a majority to be able to wield power. 

Kier will lend him some. 

Let's face it guys and gals...they're all corrupt!  Tory, Labour, LibDems, etc, etc!  It's just whether they get caught out and can't explain it away!  What actually matters ..to the British public at least....is who / which Party leader / PM will be seen to be doing what the British public want to be done!  Not straightforward, by any means...but with bravado, bullpoop and Blonde hair, the people seem happy enough at the moment!