Car park charges

washerboy

14 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Will I have to pay it?

Use the internet via Google to see your options;

What you have is in effect a charge for 'breach of contract'.  By parking there you are deemed to have entered into a contract with the parking provider - who must clearly state the terms are conditions and these MUST be clearly visibly displayed.  If there are really no notices - then you should be OK to ignore it, but I don't know how you prove that.  If there are notices - did you breach any of the conditions? (e.g. stay to long, park outside a marked space etc.)

There is every chance that if you ignore it - they will threaten, but eventually give up .......... but they may follow up and take you to court.  People who have been taken to court have sometimes lost - in which case it is expensive.

I had one (some years ago) where I was accused of outstaying the 4 hours time - which was quite untrue (as witnessed by my passenger) as I was there about 20 minutes.  I ignored it and had all sorts of threats of bailiffs possibly recovering their loss etc - which they cannot do without a court judgement.  Eventually they gave up - which is what usually happens - but occasionally people do get taken to court .........

Edited by JohnfromUK

44 minutes ago, washerboy said:

I was there longer then 2 hrs but no notice, there was until asda moved in. Previous it was a netto site. Nothing to say how long you can stay. Photo of my car going in and out. With a time stamp. 

In a similar situation several years ago I offered to pay the going rate per minute for the extra time I had for free.

They did not pursue me for 40p!

Also, NEVER admit who was driving in any communication.

I blamed my son who was 12.

My son got them every week for parking outside his work a restaurant with a 2 limit he just ignored them and after 6 months they finally gave in 

As his name was spelt wrong and they where sent to my house i dont think they had much of a clue ?.

And it got silly when the manager started to receive them and he lived above the restaurant 

Rest of the car parks you get 2 hrs free then you go back and pay, I knew I could be more then two hours. Sight test and then a mobile contract to sort out. So I packed in the only one that doesn't have meters or signs up. The photos they sent is from a pole mounted camera as I arrived and then leaving with a time stamp. 

You say that there used to be signs there - but there isn't any now - go back - take photo's showing it and then appeal to Popla. I did previously (a meeting overran so I overstayed by about 35 minutes) send a payment of the minimum amount within the time limit with a letter stating that this was only me mitigating any potential increases while doing the appeal.

I won the appeal and loved depositing the payment back from Parking Eye - they didn't contest the appeal.

Cheers

Bob

Hi 

2 successful challenges on behalf of my son

1. he used his own car to drive to a electrical dig up site and parked with the vans in a cordoned off area normally subject to parking restrictions 

local authority slapped on a parking fine after ignoring the car for 2 days.

Over the phone I spoke with a parking superviser who said the regulations stated contractor vehicles. I countered and said he was a contractor and asked for the Council minute which clarified that only liveried vehicles were allowed. they backed down and said not to do it again!  

2 he parked in a Mcdonalds early one winter morning after eating breakfast and dropped off to sleep, he did this 2 days running!

the parking co issued 2 parking infringements with "fines" 

didnt pay (taking the risk to have to pay full £100 for each) and went to Popla  https://www.popla.co.uk/

at the time you could have 3 photos per claim so I submitted 6 photos having driven round that same mcdonalds

they said signs on lamp posts I said couldn't see them from driving seat in the dark  as weren't independently lit, also said I had a receipt from that McD that had no reference to   parking fees

Got him off these as well

(will charge him for my time if it happens again!!!)

cheers

gdadphil