Nigel hits it on the nail again

Walker570

12 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Is that an anti Semitic comment? Why is Israel uncivilised? Just because they have a highly efficient system for processing applications? 

Once there was a land called Palestine but with thanks to the Balfour Declaration Nov 2nd 1917  now there is not. That is not an anti Semitic comment.

55 minutes ago, Bobba said:

Once there was a land called Palestine but with thanks to the Balfour Declaration Nov 2nd 1917  now there is not. That is not an anti Semitic comment.

I think you will find that, in this day and age, anything that criticises the state of Israel or Jewish people generally, is an anti semitic comment.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

I think you will find that, in this day and age, anything that criticises the state of Israel or Jewish people generally, is an anti semitic comment.

Regarded by some as anti semetic but I wasn't trying to get into the rights or wrongs of whether Israel should exist or whether its civilised.

It comes down to basic efficiency of the process. If Israel can process an assylum claim in two days what justification is there for ours to take years?  decades even?

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

It comes down to basic efficiency of the process. If Israel can process an assylum claim in two days what justification is there for ours to take years?  decades even?

Couldnt agree more, but then , we dont shoot unarmed civilians who approach within 300 metres of our borders either.
As much as some would like us to .
This is , I believe what oowee was alluding to ?

12 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Couldnt agree more, but then , we dont shoot unarmed civilians who approach within 300 metres of our borders either.
As much as some would like us to .
This is , I believe what oowee was alluding to ?

:good: Yep and everything else that goes on there. We should have a much sharper system there is no doubt but unfortunately our simple government (either party) is just not upto the task. Some of this sort of stuff requires cross party working and even an independently led working committee to sort it out. Its clearly too mired in politics and requires an answer that goes way beyond an immigration and asylum process. Easier to leave it in the too hard to do box and feed the public a few sound bites to demonstrate action. 

Even a review of the House of Lords would be easier :blush:

12 hours ago, Vince Green said:

That would be easy to achieve a two day turnaround if you adopt an approach that has a focus on efficacy rather than legitimacy. I think here in the UK we are above that. 

11 hours ago, oowee said:

That would be easy to achieve a two day turnaround if you adopt an approach that has a focus on efficacy rather than legitimacy. I think here in the UK we are above that. 

The two day figure doesn't mean that everyone gets rejected but the number of applications that are obviously fake get eliminated right at the start and not left to clog up the system for years.

Edited by Vince Green

11 hours ago, oowee said:

Seeing as though ages can be guessed at by the teeth - this would knock out a lot of ones that claim to be under 16 -just pop them in a chair and get a dental inspection done.

No papers or ID - off you pop then - here is a teach yourself french book to help with your new country

I'm not sure of the precise numbers but it would appear that for every illegal immigrant / asylum seeker / whatever arriving in the UK over the past few years roughly two "educated" Brits have departed the country for the EU and beyond. Whilst the influx is justifiably of concern, I'd venture that the drain in the opposite direction of educated taxpayers and net contributors should be of at least equal concern.

18 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I'm not sure of the precise numbers but it would appear that for every illegal immigrant / asylum seeker / whatever arriving in the UK over the past few years roughly two "educated" Brits have departed the country for the EU and beyond. Whilst the influx is justifiably of concern, I'd venture that the drain in the opposite direction of educated taxpayers and net contributors should be of at least equal concern.

Check your figures --- ONS figures  In the year ending March 2019, 612,000 people moved to the UK (immigration) and 385,000 people left the UK (emigration).

So by your calculation we had cica 800,000 illegal immigrant / asylum seeker / whatever arriving in the UK a worrying figure in itself as it is 200.000 more than the ONS figure