which camo type do you find best?

FBF

ok i got some flecktarn from germany that ive had a while and its ok. ive got some new real tree that seems too dark for my liking what are the rest of you guys using? i realise the whole country and its terrain is diffrent but whats a good all rounder for the begginer looking to get camo'd up?

Jusr got Flecktarn jacket off fleabay for £12 + £8 p&p from germany.Not used it yet but in real good nick.Dead pleased with the deal.Otherwise I use dpm or my green fishing jacket.Think my most important kit is a scrim scarf with a hole i cut in it chucked over my cap and tied at back.

I've worn either British 95 or flecktarn or old wax jacket..... matters not-one-jot for general rough shooting or pigeon shooting.

What is important ...... as I've learned from these guys and trial and error..... is to cover your face up and keep still. The face is a real give away.

On clothing ...... buy whatever spec you like... silent, waterproof, warm, pockets, hood etc.... any camo will do as long as it is not way off like desert in front of a holly bush !!

For the face.... I've tried mossy nets... sort of OK as long as it is not bright sun but what works for me is the olive scrim doubled up and tied around my face leaving my eyes exposed (I wear a hat as well).

I sometimes use a scrim from shoulder to should over my head... this reduces the head shape which sometimes helps if your exposed with little natural cover or pigeon shooting with no hide except a tree.

Malk

• 2 weeks later...
ok i got some flecktarn from germany that ive had a while and its ok. ive got some new real tree that seems too dark for my liking what are the rest of you guys using? i realise the whole country and its terrain is diffrent but whats a good all rounder for the begginer looking to get camo'd up?

Cammo for field shooting is a load of nonsense put out by companies that want you to part with you cash. A similar situation.>> I’ve read several post on American sites about the use of scent blocking clothes. The users fail to recognize the fact that every time they breathe out there is a large plume of breath going downwind. The companies that make this stuff are very convincing. Animals don’t see colour as we see it although birds do see colour. Cammo is designed for the human eye so you pays yer money and takes yer choice. I’ve shoot in jeans and a T-shirt and full cammo and been successful wearing both. Keeping still is the most Important thing and de shaping the head >shoulder shape. It’s all an optical illusion.

I use 95 and flectarn just to put stuff in the pockets.