Garage Corona Virus Tax

treetree

While listening to the person in the garage itemise the work carried out on my car, I had to stop him to ask him to explain the "£3 PPE" charge he had added.

"Our mechanics wipe down the interior of the car before they do any work" he said.

"That's fine, but I'm not paying for it" was my reply.

I wonder how many people have just paid up. £3 for a 20 second wipe down of steering wheel and gear stick. That's the equivalent of £540 p/h. Nice work if you can get it.

43 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Businesses incur costs, they pass these to their customers or become non viable. You can either hide costs in other areas or be honest and open about it. 

I understand this, but £3 is disproportionate to 1 wipe and 20 seconds work. I watched a worker there do it to another car.

Will I pick up the cost of his washing if he gets oil on his overalls?

Where I used to take my car they would clean and valet it after every service, I didn't ask them to and I would be happy for them not to because it was clearly a hidden charge. b 

21 hours ago, Harnser said:

Friend of mine disputed the cost of the bill to service his discovery and asked for a break of the bill . They actually charged him £9.50 to stamp the service book . main stealers.
harnser

They have to update it on the vehicle's computer history if its a main agent, I suppose there is a time element in doing that