"The day the wheels fell off." Plenty of ducks. Pity about the idiot. (Me.)

Big Al

1 minute ago, Donkey said:

Nice movie again big Al I love hunting teal ,

the wheels didn’t quite come off fully as you didn’t go home with an empty bag

Thanks. Tbh, I left feeling I didn't deserve the ducks I got. The duck sausage rolls were tasty though!

Another great video.

It`s not always about the numbers,although 4 would be good enough for me, it`s about being out there.

It`s great to see those dogs working, doing what they clearly enjoy.

Thanks again for posting Al.

OB

Never worry about the occasional day when the wheels come off! As I am sure Al is experienced enough to know, eventually you shoot through the bad patch and things return to normal. I did my first partridge day of the season yesterday and forgot to take any wheels with me! Worried? No.

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Another great video.

It`s not always about the numbers,although 4 would be good enough for me, it`s about being out there.

It`s great to see those dogs working, doing what they clearly enjoy.

Thanks again for posting Al.

OB

Four was plenty. I'd have stopped at 6 anyway. The dogs were giving me funny looks - all that noise and no action for them!🤣

38 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Belting video loved it. Did you mince them for the rolls ?

I did. I used to use a hand mincer but I bought a second hand one for my wife's Kenwood. It's a lot handler!

16 minutes ago, London Best said:

Never worry about the occasional day when the wheels come off! As I am sure Al is experienced enough to know, eventually you shoot through the bad patch and things return to normal. I did my first partridge day of the season yesterday and forgot to take any wheels with me! Worried? No.

No I'm not really worried either. Do you ever take a camera to your shoots?

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

No I'm not really worried either. Do you ever take a camera to your shoots?

No, but occasionally someone comes and takes a few photos, and my daughter has odd phone video footage from a couple of days. She tried to film me shooting partridge two years ago on a day when the wheels were firmly fixed. As coveys topped the hedge she started the sequence but that day the birds were on the floor before she could line up on them so she gave up and got full of sloe gin instead. 

Yet another great video.I wouldn't worry about missing a few now and again as your successes far outnumber your misses.Lovely when a dog picks up the scent on the water, always amazes me.

The sausage rolls look delicious,I invested in a mincer,best thing.We do geese,and ducks through it.Perfect for lasagna and chillies and spag bol.I should say this with the royal WE as it's my better half that turns it all into various dishes.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

No, but occasionally someone comes and takes a few photos, and my daughter has odd phone video footage from a couple of days. She tried to film me shooting partridge two years ago on a day when the wheels were firmly fixed. As coveys topped the hedge she started the sequence but that day the birds were on the floor before she could line up on them so she gave up and got full of sloe gin instead. 

Wise choice. 

1 hour ago, greylag said:

Yet another great video.I wouldn't worry about missing a few now and again as your successes far outnumber your misses.Lovely when a dog picks up the scent on the water, always amazes me.

The sausage rolls look delicious,I invested in a mincer,best thing.We do geese,and ducks through it.Perfect for lasagna and chillies and spag bol.I should say this with the royal WE as it's my better half that turns it all into various dishes.

Couldn't agree more about the mincer. Sausage rolls  chillies, burgers and all. All easy and tasty!

Thanks for the comment. 

Another great video Big Al I love hunting teal my favourite species to shoot and Eat We all have days like that in my case more than one lol Just Mother Nature kicking are butts now and again 👍👍👍👍

On 11/10/2020 at 12:04, London Best said:

Out out of curiosity LB Were they french partridge or English I’ve shot french partridge years bk on a small DIY Game shoot walking up the fields with dogs fantastic birds when you flush a covey 👍

2 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Out out of curiosity LB Were they french partridge or English I’ve shot french partridge years bk on a small DIY Game shoot walking up the fields with dogs fantastic birds when you flush a covey 👍

Red Leg (French) partridge, driven day in Lincolnshire.

2 hours ago, Cranfield said:

Another fine video and a great example of why a good dog is a necessity for wildfowlers (could say all shooters) . Ted's long retrieve was pretty to watch.
Turbo charged Teal are one of the hardest targets, IMO.
Driven partridge and grouse with the wind behind them are a close second.

Thanks again Cranfield. I'll have to take your word about the teal - I've never shot driven partridge or grouse. 

The teal certainly caught me napping this time.....