Beretta 682 Gold E or Browning Cynergy

Vegeta

I'm thinking of buying a decent gun for clays and I am just wondering which brand of shotgun as mentioned above would you recommend

Obviously assume both guns fit me perfectly. What I want to know is, are both guns reliable. Will they live up to the punishing life of clay shooting

Any rumours or horry stories about either brand.

Thanks

veg

What can I say, I have had a Gold E for 6 years now and I love it. I have often toyed with the idea of trading it in for a DT10 but then I go and shoot a few clays and such foolish thoughts are forgotten. I have used it for clays, driven game, flighting duck and even in the pigeon hide ( all though 32" barrels aren't ideal for that ) It soaks up recoil, it has never let me down and hits what I look at. Bad pionts....the original stock finish is a tad too varnish like for me so I refinished it in oil. The trigger selector is too easy to move over without realising youv'e done so and the extended optima choke tubes can work loose if you ignore them. In fairness I don't use anything but my fingers to tighten the chokes anyway and a quick tweak on the chokes periodiclly while shooting keeps them tight. It is very easy to see just why the 682 is such a respected gun when you have used one......their fame and reputation is well deserved.

F

http://www.clayshootingusa.com/readers/arc...g04/Cynergy.pdf

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews81406.html

take a look for yourself, both art good guns, well made and built for the job, my preference being a browning man is the 682e, why, every cynergy i have picked up wont come to my shoulder and shoot level, they all shot high, the combs height is not right for me i guess, most of the ones i see in use on clays have had the combs shaved down, other than that, good value and long lasting guns, you wont go wrong with either if they fit.

Martin

I've had a 682 E Gold for about 3 years, put many thousand cartridges through it, shot it all weather conditions and never had a single problem.

As Ferrodo said, the extended optima choke tubes can work loose but (I only do them up by hand so it's not really surprising) I always give them a tweak as I go on a stand but I guess if you use the choke spanner, then you wouldn't have a problem.

I am a Beretta fan but I bought a Gold E, had it for a weekend and sold it to SimonP off this forum. Didn't like it at all.

Pick up every gun in the shop and wave them around - if you can actually shoot them then all the better.

I know I could be an F3 salesman, but at least 4 people now have bought them from having a go on mine.

I have subsequently picked up Kreighoffs and a DT10 etc and have not thought to change. I wanted the best gun I could get and I still think I have it.

A second hand F3 is in well within your price range. I would say that I tried 10 F3s in Essex Gun and despite them supposed to be all the same they are not - there was just one that suited me and I bought it.

they are both outstanding guns for the money and i think it will come down to personal preference i after ahndling and shooting both prefer the cynergy both fitted well but the cynergy suited my style more and also from what i hear the cynergy lock up is really exceptionally strong and "wont ever be shot loose" berettas are designed after heavy use to be able to replace the hinge pins but i doubt anyone other than professionsals will shoot enough to loosen them up. both great guns my vote is the cynergy thouigh

I shoot a 682 Gold E and think it's brilliant. Mind you, I had a 686E before and thought the same about that, I only changed because I had the opportunity and I don't think it made any difference to my scores, they are both superb.

I've never used the Cynergy as I simply don't like the look of it.

I have in the last two months bought a cynergy pro sporter ie the one with the conventional stock? previous to this the only gun I ever shot clays with was a eell (which I have now sold) this shot very high but considering it was a game gun it was as expected and I was used to it,! anyway back to the cynergy, in truth I am struggling with it, its a nice gun it comes up easy and looks fantastic, but it shoots higher than I anticipated? the main reason I bought it was I wanted a sporter that shot flatter, but as said I am struggling, but as a couple of my clubs team mates are shooting cynergy's and doing very very well with them indeed I will perservere, plenty of carts through it over the winter should see me ok , as I know by the build and feel of the gun it should be a "good un" oh the only bad point about the cynergy ( and that can be sorted) is the trigger pull it needs a fair old tug?

cheers KW

If I was going to buy a Beretta I would try to find a mint 30"Gold version not the Gold E.

The Gold E is very barrel light and the overall weight is too light for me,it's what I would call a whippy gun.

I've never shot a cynergy but I've picked a couple up and personally I would not buy one.

A good bargain at the moment is a Mk 38 Miroku Sporter or the Trap version if the comb is too low for you on the sporter.

I shot a 30" Gold for a few years and quite liked it but I have shot better with a Miroku.

The best thing to do is try a few guns to find what suits you best.

What you have to remember is that two identical guns will not shoot the same so pick the one that you think feels the best.

What can I say, I have had a Gold E for 6 years now and I love it. I have often toyed with the idea of trading it in for a DT10 but then I go and shoot a few clays and such foolish thoughts are forgotten. I have used it for clays, driven game, flighting duck and even in the pigeon hide ( all though 32" barrels aren't ideal for that ) It soaks up recoil, it has never let me down and hits what I look at. Bad pionts....the original stock finish is a tad too varnish like for me so I refinished it in oil. The trigger selector is too easy to move over without realising youv'e done so and the extended optima choke tubes can work loose if you ignore them. In fairness I don't use anything but my fingers to tighten the chokes anyway and a quick tweak on the chokes periodiclly while shooting keeps them tight. It is very easy to see just why the 682 is such a respected gun when you have used one......their fame and reputation is well deserved.

F

What he said.... :lol:

Couldn't agree more and couldn't have put it better myself. My hand-tightened chokes always work loose, but it's no big deal. My barrel selector occasionally migrates on its own, which causes it to swap barrels, or if it sticks half-way, the trigger won't pull on the second shot :yes:

Love the gun though. I always rub a little excess oil into the woodwork when I clean the gun :lol:

Don't know much about the Cynergy, but think it's a nice-looking gun. :)