Covid Vaccine patch in development (Like the nicotine ones)

fern01

Swansea University is developing a Covid Vaccination patch similar to Nicotine patches

This would be much easier to distribute to people who can administer it themselves

Sadly it wont be ready for several years

Here is the link

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/national/uk-today/18991360.coronavirus-vaccine-patch-developed-uk/

Hello, I cannot see this going away any time soon even if all uk residents get the vaccination, we still do not know the results of those who have had a vaccination as we are in lockdown, it will be the test when the UK is back to a stage where everyone lives and works before this pandemic, maybe school children in future years will be given a covid jab as part of other vaccinations they now get, as for the development of a patch type vaccine I think a very good idea as the more we understand this disease we may one day be able to eradicate covid for good, 

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

as for the development of a patch type vaccine I think a very good idea as the more we understand this disease we may one day be able to eradicate covid for good,

In a way - that is quite right, but I also see a possible downside to the patch approach;  With a jab carried out by a medic/nurse - a record is kept and you know it has been done - so we will know what percentage of the population is done.

I assume a patch is 'sent out' for the recipient to wear for say a day, or a week, or however long it takes to pass into the body?  There will be some who forget, some who it falls off in the shower early, some who keep it until they think they might be at risk - and even some who won't do it because they think it will enable Bill Gates, or George Soros or whoever to takeover their tiny warped brains.

Therefore the patch will be 'unreliable' as it won't be properly known to have been taken up properly.

Seems to me to be solving a problem which doesn’t exist. We just need to ramp up manufacturing of jabs, delivered in a controlled manner with the 15 min post jab observation and the ability to accurately record dosages etc. 

I’d seriously be looking into whether the army could be fully mobilised to deliver jabs into arms door to door - doesn’t take much to train someone to stick a needle in an arm and the rollout would be massively faster. 

Edited by oscarsdad

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

In a way - that is quite right, but I also see a possible downside to the patch approach;  With a jab carried out by a medic/nurse - a record is kept and you know it has been done - so we will know what percentage of the population is done.

I assume a patch is 'sent out' for the recipient to wear for say a day, or a week, or however long it takes to pass into the body?  There will be some who forget, some who it falls off in the shower early, some who keep it until they think they might be at risk - and even some who won't do it because they think it will enable Bill Gates, or George Soros or whoever to takeover their tiny warped brains.

Therefore the patch will be 'unreliable' as it won't be properly known to have been taken up properly.

Hello, interesting reply John, we will just have to wait and see, longer life permitting 🤔😁

1 hour ago, oscarsdad said:

Seems to me to be solving a problem which doesn’t exist. We just need to ramp up manufacturing of jabs, delivered in a controlled manner with the 15 min post jab observation and the ability to accurately record dosages etc. 

I’d seriously be looking into whether the army could be fully mobilised to deliver jabs into arms door to door - doesn’t take much to train someone to stick a needle in an arm and the rollout would be massively faster. 

An interesting observation.

I personally think maybe the number of actual jabs are slowed down to meet the availability of vaccines? The talk seems to be about numbers purchased not received?

Agreed, and the ability of AZ to produce the vaccine should be the only limiting factor to the speed of the role out, nothing else should be slowing it down at all but sadly it is. I read an article this morning by a top medic who said the theoretical capability of the NHS should mean the whole country could be vaccinated in 5 days - so even if we allowed a factor of 10 2 months should cover the whole country, but is limited by vaccine availability. 

at least the army is now involved, NHS management would never have the capability to do what needs to be done, it had to be the army or private industry to deliver with speed. 

38 minutes ago, old man said:

An interesting observation.

I personally think maybe the number of actual jabs are slowed down to meet the availability of vaccines? The talk seems to be about numbers purchased not received?

5 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Agreed, and the ability of AZ to produce the vaccine should be the only limiting factor to the speed of the role out, nothing else should be slowing it down at all but sadly it is. I read an article this morning by a top medic who said the theoretical capability of the NHS should mean the whole country could be vaccinated in 5 days - so even if we allowed a factor of 10 2 months should cover the whole country, but is limited by vaccine availability. 

at least the army is now involved, NHS management would never have the capability to do what needs to be done, it had to be the army or private industry to deliver with speed. 

Thinking on, as one does when of a certain age the mobile team idea of jabbing could hae significant advantages to speed of  distribution, no waiting for transport to a centre?

Never going to get 100% compliance with vaccination. Medical professionals are saying 20% so far have refused to have the vaccine. There are over 5 million illegals who have no way of getting called for the vaccine. I was surprised by that %, I assumed it would be the younger generation who would against it.

It won't go away.

Edited by Gordon R

4 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Never going to get 100% compliance with vaccination. Medical professionals are saying 20% so far have refused to have the vaccine. There are over 5 million illegals who have no way of getting called for the vaccine. I was surprise by that %, I assumed it would be the younger generation who would against it.

It won't go away.

If 20% is correct then 80% uptake = herd immunity and the virus will recede