Six nations today

lampro

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No interest in watching England Italy,  I'll probably catch the highlights at some point.

Scotland Wales should be a better game to watch, be nice to see Scotland perform like they did against England,  can't think when Scotland last won two games, that would be good. 

11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

No interest in watching England Italy,  I'll probably catch the highlights at some point.

Scotland Wales should be a better game to watch, be nice to see Scotland perform like they did against England,  can't think when Scotland last won two games, that would be good. 

If there are any!

19 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Are we going to be ending the day with more comments like 'They shouldn't be in the Six Nations. Time for Georgia to come in instead of England...'

Forget about Georgia coming into the six Nations there was talk not long ago of South Africa 🇿🇦 Instead of Italy 🇮🇹 now that would be nice to see.

20 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Forget about Georgia coming into the six Nations there was talk not long ago of South Africa 🇿🇦 Instead of Italy 🇮🇹 now that would be nice to see.

And Japan, I'm guessing it was squashed because of Covid?

I'd rather see a barbarian style team than Italian,  there must be enough players playing here to get selected,  might be too hard to organise though?

Better from England, pointless from Italy, as normal. They just can't capitalise on any kind of positive movement. They score in the corner, with a combination of nice rugby and bad defence, but time and again they're so amateurish in the rest of their play. That final advantage England had. The ref yells 'HANDS AWAY!' twice at Italy before he gives the pen - it's not as if they didn't get warned of the basic error they were making! 

England should steam away with this, even if Italy are playing a reverse game with their subs.

2 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Why do they do it they know if hit anywhere on the head with no arms rap it gets picked up  i thought the subs made a big diffrence mabe when the 9 players come back from injury we get a team the new young players played well 

He had to clear out or lose the ball but then got the red card, barely made contact and it always looks worse in slow mo twenty times.

Really enjoyed the game, thought it was played in great spirit,  I thought Scotland were better but Wales took there chances,  with some great finishing and skill.

Imagine the noise if the ground had been full.

17 minutes ago, fatchap said:

I think it won't be long before Italy actually turn up and shock everyone, at the moment the other 5 teams know they are going to thrash them and its points on the board, but one year I reckon it will be a shocker.

I'd like to agree, but the problem runs deeper than the international standard. Italian rugby from grassroots up simply isn't at the level it would need to be to get potentially talented players up to their levels of the peers abroad. Until that changes, every generation is going to be written off before it gets to full international level. But with a relentless culture of failure, there's no enthusiasm to pick up the game; sporty children will always pick football, unless they're in the Alps or Dolomites, in which case it's the skis.

Edited by chrisjpainter