ferret bite

dekaw

learnt a valuable lesson last nite ! put my hands into a pitch black hutch whilst they were covered in rabbit blood. result = 1 large hob firmly attached to my wrist ! took nearly a minute to get him off and still very sore today ;) any one know of a good way of removing them should this happen again , tried squeezing his paw but either i was'nt squeezing hard enough or he is one hard b#####d !

will definately be washing the hands in future ! been bit plently of times before but never had one lock on like that. not to sure about the finger up the bum approach , the missus already thinks i like them more than her ;)

Don't wash your hands, try it again and if you get the same reaction: market it as a perfume called 'Animal Attraction' by twicebitten.

I'm all up for giving you more marketing advise and will only require a stake of 40% in your new company in exchange.

Hope this helps.

If it refuses to let go another 'rough house' way of getting them to let go is either try and push its tongue down into the bottom of its jaw by putting your thumb under its jaw and your (free) index finger into its mouth and squeezing together - they won't bite then they will just try and get the obstruction out of its mouth or last resort, attempt to strangle it.... not the best way to do things but if you grab it around the neck and squeeze it will let go to escape being strangled...unfortunately doing this will make the ferret very cautious to being handled and you gotta start all over earning its trust again. I had to do this when it latched on to my daughter's hand a few years ago as it was wriggling as if to tear the flesh... :)

Push your thumb into its throat just below its throat,it'll be a natural reaction to open its mouth.

This cuts off its air supply, as LB suggested, it works every time and if done gently, will not hurt the ferret.

Don't forget it was your fault you put a bloody hand into its cage, not the ferrets.

To make sure you don't do it again, perhaps you should try some of the more outlandish suggestions made, on yourself. :)

was completely my fault and is a mistake i will never make again ! to make matters worse tho my hand has now swelled up and i'm getting pains in my arm, had to go to the doctors result = 1 jab that hurt , antibiotics and to top it off i have suffered nerve damage ! plus the humiliation of having to explain to the doctor what happened :)

the ****** better earn his keep this winter !