Health Secretary U Turn?

TIGHTCHOKE

Doesn't bode well.  What on earth was wrong with that statement? Some woke weak kneed willywonker has obviously made a complaint.  I thought he may be a breath of frsh air in the job instead of Doom and Gloom.  I have no intention of cowering from anyhting, just getting on enjoying every hour I have left.

On 25/07/2021 at 18:40, Walker570 said:

Doesn't bode well.  What on earth was wrong with that statement? Some woke weak kneed willywonker has obviously made a complaint.  I thought he may be a breath of frsh air in the job instead of Doom and Gloom.  I have no intention of cowering from anyhting, just getting on enjoying every hour I have left.

Some that have being at deaths door or have family died of CV, could see his remarks dismissing it as nothing to be concerned about. It could also be seen by some that are being careful  ( following Government advice )as some how they are cowering, it was dumb thing to say at this time IMO.

cower
crouch down in fear.

13 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I expect he meant “our nation should no longer be cowed by this virus” rather than “cower”, which would have made much more sense. 

This. So many people have rushed to take what he said out of context for the benefit of their agenda.

If he had said it 18 months ago then yes, I could understand the headlines, but he didn’t, he said it in the context of where we are now, with the benefit of the vaccines. 
People know this, but in their rush to criticise and capitalise on it politically, they conveniently ignore this.