Ferals ferals and more ferals.

Stewiew

Been out a couple of times this week have had two bags of mid twenties. But it’s seems to be more ferals than woodies. Anyone else finding this. Managed 6 crows yesterday but am really struggling to keep em down with 32 6s put two shots in one and still had to chase it across the field. 

9 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

not many round here, but 32   6s should do the job,are you shooting to far,i bought one down yesterday 28gram 7/12down stone dead,i only use 28s   7,12.

I’d say I’m hitting about 30/40 yards out

19 hours ago, Stewiew said:

I’d say I’m hitting about 30/40 yards out

Pigeons generally but ferals in particular have very small bodies under all those feathers. You need a dense pattern.

I always preferred 7s to 6s for pigeon 

Edited by Vince Green

They are always further away than they look .in my experience  .

Don't know why it is .something to do with the featureless black shape .but I'm often surprised to pace out a dead crow to find its maybe 10 - 15 ydsmore than I'd say it was .

Let them come in closer .

They also have a relatively small body. All head and neck - if you know what I mean. Much less body size to hit. An ounce of sevens is brilliant for crows: more pellets on the bird. Certainly 32 grams of 6 is more than enough. If your on them with those cart’s you’ll clatter them. 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

same rule as pige pattern close enough for two shots if they are not trying to land your doing something wrong half the hides you see wouldn’t cover picking your nose let alone corvids best friend movement 

👍