London congestion charge.

samboy

17 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I've got to pay the ULEZ tomorrow, car has a fault, so got to take the van in.

Still cheaper and quicker than getting public transport, I'm on the train today, 3 times as expensive and about 2.5 times longer journey. 🤬🤬🤬

He has provided NO other affordable option, so dirty diesel pollution until the car is repaired it is.

Edit - I also know of 2 people who had to get rid of their Diesel cars, (both live inside the ULEZ zone), both cars had better emissions than my Petrol car, but mine is exempt.

I'm got my motorbike up for sale as now they've extended the ULEZ zone it will cost £12.50 a day to use, if it was 6 months younger it would be compliant, ironically I can buy a 5.0ltr V8 petrol which is compliant, so once it goes I'll be switching to a diesel Ford Ranger as they're also compliant :/  

1 minute ago, Deker said:

I'm got my motorbike up for sale as now they've extended the ULEZ zone it will cost £12.50 a day to use, if it was 6 months younger it would be compliant, ironically I can buy a 5.0ltr V8 petrol which is compliant, so once it goes I'll be switching to a diesel Ford Ranger as they're also compliant   

My 50 year old motorbike is exempt from both the congestion charge and the ULEZ charge.

1 hour ago, Deker said:

I'm got my motorbike up for sale as now they've extended the ULEZ zone it will cost £12.50 a day to use, if it was 6 months younger it would be compliant, ironically I can buy a 5.0ltr V8 petrol which is compliant, so once it goes I'll be switching to a diesel Ford Ranger as they're also compliant   

It's utter madness.

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

Does anyone know where all this gathered revenue in the form of taxation goes? Do the various councils write out a cheque at the end of each financial year, made out to ‘Planet Earth’? 🤷‍♂️

A Mayor, his staff, buildings, cars etc. don't pay for themselves, neither does the Christmas wee-up, or all the other yearly functions.

It all adds up you know.

When it comes to London, I blame anyone who voted 'yes' in the Mayoral election. Anyone with any brain cells, could see, this is only going to cost money.

Not sure how it worked elsewhere.

Edited by Newbie to this

33 minutes ago, Scully said:

Does anyone know where all this gathered revenue in the form of taxation goes? Do the various councils write out a cheque at the end of each financial year, made out to ‘Planet Earth’? 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I know. It's wasted on pointless exercises such as the letter a neighboring sheep farmer got from TfL advising him that his old Defender, which he uses on and around the farm, is not ULEZ compliant and should he use it within the zone he will be charged.  Quite why the Mayor of London thinks he would drive his beaten up Land Rover from Exmoor to London for a jolly out is beyond our comprehension.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Quite possibly lost offshore?

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

It's utter madness.

A Mayor, his staff, buildings, cars etc. don't pay for themselves, neither does the Christmas wee-up, or all the other yearly functions.

It all adds up you know.

When it comes to London, I blame anyone who voted 'yes' in the Mayoral election. Anyone with any brain cells, could see, this is only going to cost money.

Not sure how it worked elsewhere.

How can it work anywhere?

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

It all adds up you know.

It all adds up - a prime example is Wales - Welsh Assembly - they want to increase the number of AM's by 50%, they also want to make another level of local government that sits above the councils.

All these things don't come for free.....Parish, Town Council, County Council, Region, Welsh Assembly, Parliament. It is a massive gravy train.

Its funny when you look at our list of councilors  as well - how many husband and wife's are both councilors - all sticking their nose in the trough and keeping it in the family 😞

4 minutes ago, discobob said:

It all adds up - a prime example is Wales - Welsh Assembly - they want to increase the number of AM's by 50%, they also want to make another level of local government that sits above the councils.

All these things don't come for free.....Parish, Town Council, County Council, Region, Welsh Assembly, Parliament. It is a massive gravy train.

Its funny when you look at our list of councilors  as well - how many husband and wife's are both councilors - all sticking their nose in the trough and keeping it in the family 😞

Just a natural progression to larger deeper troughs maybe? 

I had to sell my defender as I now live inside the extended ulez

since I passed my driving test some 35 plus years ago I have only ever owned a Land Rover from series 3 to the td5 which I just sold 

I was lost as what to get instead and settled on a small van it’s like a go cart to what I used to drive

how he got re elected is beyond me