chrisjpainter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

My BT Monthly Pass has now been cancelled and refunded.

Technical problems at their end meant I couldn’t access the service for the first 2 days so a legitimate case … but let’s call it no bad thing!!

As far as the commentary goes, I can see why! It is garbage. I've taken to muting the picture, when it actually works, and then having Aggers et al. from the TMS crew on. Now there's no Boycott and Vaughan, there are no weak links for me, so it's just enjoyable comment all the way through. Even if England are dire.

6 hours ago, TRINITY said:

Ollie pope fails yet again. Has he got some dodgy pictures of the selectors. 

Mmmhmm. And Broad must have upset somebody's sister for him not to get a run out on that deck. baffling decisions, once again.

Well here we go again.

Surely there are a few school kids knocking around who could do a better job than burns at opening. Then there is our rock solid middle order batter Ollie Pope who will no doubt chip in with his 20 or so runs.

What happened to our secret weapon we held in reserve from the first test, our two vintage bowlers.

I could go on, but seriously, the selectors must be held to account for this shambles. Many of this team should be no where near an England shirt in any game format. If they are the best we have then we may as well stop competing at top class international test cricket.

2 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Well here we go again.

Surely there are a few school kids knocking around who could do a better job than burns at opening. Then there is our rock solid middle order batter Ollie Pope who will no doubt chip in with his 20 or so runs.

What happened to our secret weapon we held in reserve from the first test, our two vintage bowlers.

I could go on, but seriously, the selectors must be held to account for this shambles. Many of this team should be no where near an England shirt in any game format. If they are the best we have then we may as well stop competing at top class international test cricket.

The first step has to be to ditch Buttler and get Foakes in! That would at least be a sensible start to show they're serious about picking the talent we have, not the type of team we'd like.

31 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

The first step has to be to ditch Buttler and get Foakes in! That would at least be a sensible start to show they're serious about picking the talent we have, not the type of team we'd like.

Yes or play him as a batsman he can't be any worse that some of the ones who keep getting a game

7 hours ago, TRINITY said:

See that clown Pope has made another low score again. The guy should be flown back to UK 

Flown back? I'd give him a canoe and hope he misses next season too. 

6 hours ago, JDog said:

It is so disappointing being a cricket fan at the moment.

Few changes, if any, will be made in the line up for the next Test, such is the blinkered stubbornness of the Selectors.

two/one and a half changes have to be made. The rest will have to muddle their way through. 

My change/s would be to bring in Foakes. Now that could be for Buttler and then bring in someone else for Pope (because Pope's useless). But I do like Buttler in this team. He's shown before he can apply himself to batting long periods of time and using up deliveries, so if we can teach him not to step on his stumps, I think he's got a role. So Bring in Foakes and give him the gloves, send Pope off in the canoe and bump Buttler up to 6th. 

I guess you could make two changes and drop Buttler too for Bairstow, but Bairstow's attacking batting is a luxury we can't afford. His defence just doesn't seem to be there any more, especially against world class Cummings and Hazlewood

It looks like we got two thirds of our Christmas miracle: two Surrey boys dumped! Out go Burns and Pope in come Crawley and Bairstow. Still not Foakes. Leaky Leach in along with Wood for Woakes and Broad. 

So in order to cure our lack of runs, they've shortened the batting line up to seven batters, then four genuine 10 and 11's. By the fifth test they're going to struggle to find  some mistakes they've not made. But maybe it's a masterstroke and it'll fall into place perfectly! In half an hour we'll start to find out...

Or not. Rain. Typical

18 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

It looks like we got two thirds of our Christmas miracle: two Surrey boys dumped! Out go Burns and Pope in come Crawley and Bairstow. Still not Foakes. Leaky Leach in along with Wood for Woakes and Broad. 

So in order to cure our lack of runs, they've shortened the batting line up to seven batters, then four genuine 10 and 11's. By the fifth test they're going to struggle to find  some mistakes they've not made. But maybe it's a masterstroke and it'll fall into place perfectly! In half an hour we'll start to find out...

Or not. Rain. Typical

Are sure sure about that. Looks like we have picked a full batting line up of genuine 10 and 11's   😂

On 17/12/2021 at 15:20, TRINITY said:

Well here we go again.

I used to love my cricket. Don't watch football, Rugby only occasionally. My feeling is why enter a competition that you have no chance of winning? I'm so fed up with the disappointments the English selectors have rained down on us that I haven' watched any cricket for the best part of a year. What's worse is there's no light at the end of the tunnel. It won't get any better as long as the old boys network still reigns along with who you know rather than what you can do.

I'd like to see a national program for finding the best hand/eye coordinators from a very early age eventually leading to a kind of league table that takes picking a team completely out of the hands of the selectors. This wouldn't benefit just cricket but would find the best in all ball sports and enable those who show most promise to be brought on at a very early age.