America marks a million covid deaths

Vince Green

34 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Flags flew at half mast on Government Buildings in America yesterday to mark the millionth death from Covid.

Shouldn't that read 'with Covid or within 21 days (or whatever the number was) of testing positive for Covid'

Edited by Newbie to this

I saw a young New York doctor interviewed last year and he had resigned and moved abroad because his hospital was telling him to sign off deaths as covid was when there was no certain way to say what they had actually died from.  I would say aybe 50% of those million are other related eaths logged as covid.  Remind me, how many people died from cancer in the USA  in the same time scale.     Face nappies on folks, here we go again.

5 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I saw a young New York doctor interviewed last year and he had resigned and moved abroad because his hospital was telling him to sign off deaths as covid was when there was no certain way to say what they had actually died from.  I would say aybe 50% of those million are other related eaths logged as covid.  Remind me, how many people died from cancer in the USA  in the same time scale.     Face nappies on folks, here we go again.

I am not sure what number of other people died Cancer has to do with anything 🤔

Face nappies on folks, here we go again.

Medical personal etc have being wearing masks decades and more, would you say to your doctor i see you are wearing a face nappy. I will put that up there with other deliberately emotive description's like muzzles etc. 

18 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Pure comparison.  

OK why make a comparison, i don't get what point you are making. 

I've made the comparison, you just didn't want to see the point I was making.   I did actually mention face masks to my surgeon this week and his attitude was they where a waste of time.  They have become a fashion accessory for many.  I saw a bloke wearing one last week and he kept lifting it so he could suck on his vaping dummy, hilarious.

53 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I've made the comparison, you just didn't want to see the point I was making.   I did actually mention face masks to my surgeon this week and his attitude was they where a waste of time.  They have become a fashion accessory for many.  I saw a bloke wearing one last week and he kept lifting it so he could suck on his vaping dummy, hilarious.

My point was not if masks work or not it was you calling them face nappy's, and not what they are face masks. The point you were making i don't get it, are you stating the obvious that people die of all sorts of things, that is true but i still don't see what that has to do with Covid. As for your surgeon if he thinks masks are not necessary during surgery, I would be looking for a new surgeon. 

Edited by ordnance

I've been visiting my dad in hospital several times a week since before Christmas.  One of the protocols when you arrive at the ward is to swap from your own mask to a fresh one of theirs from a box labelled "surgical masks".  My own washable double-layer cotton mask has a bendy metal tab which fits it nicely over my nose, and the sides pull in well - it doesn't "leak" to any great degree.  However, the hospital's masks refuse to conform to the shape of my nose or pull in around my face, even if I tie the ear straps a bit shorter making them uncomfortable to wear.  When I breathe wearing them, I can feel the air just coming in and out around the edges and not going through it.

Which is more effective?

2 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

I've been visiting my dad in hospital several times a week since before Christmas.  One of the protocols when you arrive at the ward is to swap from your own mask to a fresh one of theirs from a box labelled "surgical masks".  My own washable double-layer cotton mask has a bendy metal tab which fits it nicely over my nose, and the sides pull in well - it doesn't "leak" to any great degree.  However, the hospital's masks refuse to conform to the shape of my nose or pull in around my face, even if I tie the ear straps a bit shorter making them uncomfortable to wear.  When I breathe wearing them, I can feel the air just coming in and out around the edges and not going through it.

Which is more effective?

I have come across this, if you don't want to take your mask off just put their mask over yours. 

15 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Surgical masks are completely different to face nappies, how many people were wearing Surgical masks 

I don't know what a face nappy is so I can't comment on them, as for surgical masks i haven't a clue. 

Edited by ordnance

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually In The US nobody is refused medical care at hospital regardless of ability to pay. Anyone showing up at the emergency room is treated. People who do not have  Medical insurance through their employers or through private purchase use Emergency rooms for the most trivial  of sniffles. the cost incurred by these folks is passed along to the people that can pay. Look up St Jude And shriners hospitals no child is ever given a bill. there are many private clinics where people can pay by insurance or cash that deliver care.