Where are my a612 users at ???

Idontknow

Any one using or have used one do you rate it ?? Any problems or things I should look out 4 ? 

Picked one up the other day basically new for £80 .

Used it on Wednesday cycle 28s fine . Wana see how low I can do with out failure.

Anyways mega happy with my purchase.

Loving the cheap Turkish guns .. also have a ata sp . Which I give high 9/10

4 hours ago, HantsRob said:

I have one but as you only paid £80 for yours I’m jealous and cannot help you ;)

it fires most 28g I put through it, I can’t remember what it didn’t cycle but there was one cart. Hmmm

Lol 

Will try what ever I can find to put through it  but sound like they don’t really go wrong. 

Had one for 5 or so years and its my go to gun for anything rough. Never let me down, its been on the foreshore dozens of times and bashed about in the pigeon hide. It handles well and barring a couple of times always cycles smoothly.

Keep it clean and look after it and it will give you years of trouboe free service

I have had one for 4 years and never had an issue with it ..have been out 3 times in last 2 weeks and it has had at least 600 cartridges or more through it and never missed a beat. If my gun stops working i will go straight out and buy another. Only thing I had to do was put a neoprene but extender on it as I found it a wee bit short in the stock

10 hours ago, wigeon jim said:

Great guns, my go to now, 27g to 50g loads, keep it clean👍

Didn’t clean it from last week . Went yesterday wouldn’t cycle hull comp x 28 .

good job brought 2 guns with me .

however got home . Barrel ports were blocked . So much junk came out both of them so hopefully that was the problem . Do I need

To change the o ring or not ? 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Idontknow said:

Didn’t clean it from last week . Went yesterday wouldn’t cycle hull comp x 28 .

good job brought 2 guns with me .

however got home . Barrel ports were blocked . So much junk came out both of them so hopefully that was the problem . Do I need

To change the o ring or not ? 

Thanks 

3 o rings for about a fiver? 

Change it. Worse case you lose a couple of quid. Best case you get better performance.

Pick up some pipe cleaners and dip the end in solvent then push it through the ports and that will keep them clean. I do this every time I clean it and neve have problems with it. I use this gun virtually every week either in field or for the clay club and have never had any issues. I have never replaced the O ring on mine yet and its had thousands of carts throug it. As others have stated.,keep it clean.

I bought one the other year as a cheap 'fun' gun which I can lend and not be worried.  I've modified mine by fitting a high profile bolt handle, cut down the magazine spring to ease loading and the real 'game changer' for me; I fitted a large profile bolt release button.  It is now much, much easier to release the bolt.  Next mod will be to fit a high viz bead front sight.

Great gun for the money!

Andy

On 06/09/2022 at 20:42, HantsRob said:

Andy, the release button is stiff on it. What did you buy to make that easier? 

Good question!  I went to Magload. They supplied the EXTERNAL large button.  They arranged for another company to supply the INTERNAL parts, which were Beretta factory internals for the Beretta 1301 Comp. Strip the gun, including trigger assembly .  Then, use a long-nosed pin punch to drive out the drift pin which acts as the pivot point for the bolt release mechanism. Remove parts and reassemble with the new large Magload button. Carefully(!) re-fit the drift pin and complete re-assembly and function test.  Massively better function.  I don't have time today but I will take some photos and post here.  Additionally, whilst not essential, you may consider replacing the bolt handle with something bigger and easier to grasp if wearing gloves or speed-shooting.  Again, I purchased a very cheap Turkish generic bolt handle and filed to fit - it took about fifteen minutes.  Personally, I find that the stock is a tad too long for me (plastic version).  A shorter one would be good but Highland Outdoors (the importer for Armsan) don't offer anything alternative, other than a 'youth' version.

1 hour ago, Steel100 said:

Good question!

Also great answer!
I am tempted to sell my a612, I just fear the price that would be offered! I have considered investing in a better bolt handle and release button, and what you've said is fantastic! I'll definitely look into it, even if just to play with upgrading! Pics would be most welcomed! :D

On 09/09/2022 at 13:40, HantsRob said:

Also great answer!
I am tempted to sell my a612, I just fear the price that would be offered! I have considered investing in a better bolt handle and release button, and what you've said is fantastic! I'll definitely look into it, even if just to play with upgrading! Pics would be most welcomed!

Righto,  

The left photos shows the new bolt handle removed.  I basically, hand filed this to the same profile as the original - obviously, file until it fits!  About £10 online.  The right hand photo shows the bolt handle in-place. The magload bolt release is substantially, bigger than the original and may be ordered in a variety of colours.  Speak with Connors or Callum at Magload and explain what you are wanting to do.  They were most helpful. The forward extension to the bolt release provides a much larger area and better leverage than the tiny original button.  The pin that needs to be 'drifted' out can be seen at the lower edge of the frame, following an imaginary line down from the bolt handle or extreme rear edge of the release button.

Hope that helps

Andy

_1010898.jpeg

_1010895.jpeg

I should have said upper / lower photos as opposed to left / right!

A

21 hours ago, HantsRob said:

That's really decent, and I like the pics! Did you just knock the pin into the gun and press down? Or from above to punch it out? 

Looks like a cheap and effective upgrade! Love it!

The drift pin has to be tapped upwards (with a punch) into the ejection port opening. The internal arm part of the bolt release mechanism will then come free.  As I mentioned, have a word with the people at Magload, they should be able to assist with the sourcing of parts.  Once you see the 'bits' it all looks a lot clearer! You then line everything up and gently tap the sprung pin back in from underneath.  You can actually see where I got a bit sloppy and marred the finish on the receiver.  With hindsight, I should have heavily taped up the receiver prior to getting physical .... 

Andy

22 hours ago, HantsRob said:

That's really decent, and I like the pics! Did you just knock the pin into the gun and press down? Or from above to punch it out? 

Looks like a cheap and effective upgrade! Love it!

The drift pin has to be tapped upwards (with a punch) into the ejection port opening. The internal arm part of the bolt release mechanism will then come free.  As I mentioned, have a word with the people at Magload, they should be able to assist with the sourcing of parts.  Once you see the 'bits' it all looks a lot clearer! You then line everything up and gently tap the sprung pin back in from underneath.  You can actually see where I got a bit sloppy and marred the finish on the receiver.  With hindsight, I should have heavily taped up the receiver prior to getting physical .... 

Andy