Hazel Nuts, Acorns, Horse Chestnuts, Sweet Chestnuts, Red Chestnuts.

steve_b_wales

I am hoping that I can get some of the above, this year. As most people on here know, I plant, grow and then move on, many species of trees. 

If anyone could send me any of the above, I would be very grateful and more than happy to cover postage etc. Any other species would be most welcome too. 

Edited by steve_b_wales

Just now, WalkedUp said:

I will get my boys onto the acorns and horse chestnuts for you. What sort of quantity? 

I know you did offer in the past, and I'm grateful for that. If you could send me two dozen of each, that would be excellent. 

Thank You.

Apologies for late reply. I'm out in Egypt at the moment until the 22nd. Usually, when the Acorns fall to the floor, they are ready to be planted. I usually get a good success rate of 85% germination. WiFi here is rubbish so may not be able to read any messages until I get home.

Thank you.🙂🙂🙂🙂

Hmmm, that may scupper my offer, The oaks are at the side of the a12 and the canopy reachable from a bridge, if they need to be fallen it’s an impossibility as I obviously can’t pull over on the a12 🤦‍♂️ I shall keep my eyes peeled for other opportunities  

Hi Steve.

I've collected some acorns and beech nuts from the garden. A handful of each and are the best I could find amongst the squirrel damaged ones. You should be able to get at least one successful germination from each.

I know Aberdare isn't too far from you so they won't be very 'exotic' to you but your more than welcome to them. I can pop them in the post on Monday.

The trees that dropped the acorns have been around since the 1800's so are of a good pedigree.. 😄

Steve

I applaud what you are doing

What about just growing on native species ?

OAK BEECH HORNBEAM ROWAN HOLLY HAWTHORNE BLACKTHORNE etc ?

Just now, jall25 said:

Steve

I applaud what you are doing

What about just growing on native species ?

OAK BEECH HORNBEAM ROWAN HOLLY HAWTHORNE BLACKTHORNE etc ?

I am currently going through my woods slowly removing non natives and i know i am not alone

On 10/09/2022 at 12:59, Poor Shot said:

Hi Steve.

I've collected some acorns and beech nuts from the garden. A handful of each and are the best I could find amongst the squirrel damaged ones. You should be able to get at least one successful germination from each.

I know Aberdare isn't too far from you so they won't be very 'exotic' to you but your more than welcome to them. I can pop them in the post on Monday.

The trees that dropped the acorns have been around since the 1800's so are of a good pedigree.. 😄

Thank you very much. I'm out in Egypt at the moment and will be home on 22nd. I will PM you my address.