Midland game fair

Ian willetts

• 3 weeks later...

What was one of the best shows, nothing more than a glorified craft fair with a load of caravan dwellers taking whatever they want including firearms, dogs and, well whatever they can get away with, which is basically everything. 

The most annoying thing is the organisers couldn't give a monkeys about country sports only to line their pockets and then bleat on about how good the show was to all the Rydale wearing posing tree huggers. 

NO I wont be going ever again. 😃

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

What was one of the best shows, nothing more than a glorified craft fair with a load of caravan dwellers taking whatever they want including firearms, dogs and, well whatever they can get away with, which is basically everything. 

The most annoying thing is the organisers couldn't give a monkeys about country sports only to line their pockets and then bleat on about how good the show was to all the Rydale wearing posing tree huggers. 

NO I wont be going ever again. 😃

A shame, and as you say “what was one of the best shows” which I attended myself for over thirty years. I thought about going today but I knew I would be disappointed with the fair.

Again cut and pasted from a further posting by another visitor on another Forum:

Went to the show today, won’t go again. It was overpriced, very little ‘proper’ gear on sale, not very big and scuffles were breaking out by mid-morning. One trader looked like he had a pint thrown over him and things were kicking off! I overheard a couple of bobbies saying that it had been a busy day and it was only 11am!

I did manage to get my hands on a few thermals on the one stand that sold them but the poor guy seemed so paranoid that his demo stuff would get nicked that I couldn’t get 5 minutes of his time. Ended up just walking off and leaving them to it. Definitely the worst show I have ever been to. The Stalking Show will be the only one in my calendar for next year

19 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Again i'll say that the organisers do not listen to these complaints, they will keep taking the money as long as the show keeps ticking over. 

They have no interest in the show as it once was. 

Dougy. Don't you think that's just a general and overall opinion or us with guns? They want us gone asap? The pilfering started long ago and as is the way of things, seemingly much worse. Much more profit in clothes made for pennies than anything else?

44 minutes ago, old man said:

Dougy. Don't you think that's just a general and overall opinion or us with guns? They want us gone asap? The pilfering started long ago and as is the way of things, seemingly much worse. Much more profit in clothes made for pennies than anything else?

In general yes, 

Have the countryside inundated with vermin both 4 legged and 2, then rub their hands together, give themselves a pat on the back and watch it rot in front of their very eyes.