Police action

Gordon R

Whilst watching coverage of the Queen's death, there have been a couple of idiots in the crowd. One ran out into the road in front of vehicles carrying Royals, another heckled from within the crowd.

The first was taken to the ground and rushed away by the Police. The second was swiftly detained and led away by the Police.

Whilst I applaud their actions, just where are their colleagues when eco-zealots block roads? 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst watching coverage of the Queen's death, there have been a couple of idiots in the crowd. One ran out into the road in front of vehicles carrying Royals, another heckled from within the crowd.

The first was taken to the ground and rushed away by the Police. The second was swiftly detained and led away by the Police.

Whilst I applaud their actions, just where are their colleagues when eco-zealots block roads? 

Ahh, woke dissent is allowed.

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Totally agree, the Police are a disgrace in the way they handle protests.  Nothing wrong with Heckling Andrew in my book, shame Harry and Megain didn't get the same the distress they have caused the Queen.

58 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Totally agree, the Police are a disgrace in the way they handle protests.  Nothing wrong with Heckling Andrew in my book, shame Harry and Megain didn't get the same the distress they have caused the Queen.

Seriously! You think that the heckling of Andrew in that setting was appropriate?then the divide between our views and opinions has just widened substantially more than it already was. 

This memorial isn’t about Andrew, Harry or anyone but if for Queen Elizabeth.  

Given the occasion, Jaymo, you are correct, but I recall someone on their way to see a dying relative and the road was blocked by eco-numpties. That was far more inappropriate in my book.

That said, I was glad to see the Police acting properly and swiftly. It has been lacking in recent times. 

2 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Seriously! You think that the heckling of Andrew in that setting was appropriate?then the divide between our views and opinions has just widened substantially more than it already was. 

This memorial isn’t about Andrew, Harry or anyone but if for Queen Elizabeth.  

Fine by me, we have different views that's all.  Arresting someone for a tiny bit of heckling that is his choice whether you agree or not, what happened to free speech it now seems the Police choose who can protest publicly regardless of the actual law.  I can't stand the man he thinks he is untouchable and is arrogant beyond belief and the wonderful Queen is gone, the end of an era.  The Royals coming through are Woke and very political the very opposite of the Queen and what the RF should be.  For me and I suspect many others that is the end of the road with respecting or wanting the RF.  The huge crowds are for the Queen.

Edited by Weihrauch17

1 hour ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Fine by me, we have different views that's all.  Arresting someone for a tiny bit of heckling that is his choice whether you agree or not, what happened to free speech it now seems the Police choose who can protest publicly regardless of the actual law.  I can't stand the man he thinks he is untouchable and is arrogant beyond belief and the wonderful Queen is gone, the end of an era.  The Royals coming through are Woke and very political the very opposite of the Queen and what the RF should be.  For me and I suspect many others that is the end of the road with respecting or wanting the RF.  The huge crowds are for the Queen.

WHAT!!

Free speech is alive and well, but heckling abuse at a person walking behind their mothers coffin isn’t a commendable act of free speech, its despicable.

People are allow to disagree and protest against each other but not in that fashion! How would the rest of your family like it if rocked up at your mothers funeral and heckle you for being a Weihrauch shooter, all in the name of free speech!!

First of all I haven't allegedly sexually abused under age girls nor paid millions in compensation to my accuser a rather emotive subject for most.  Free speech is very obviously not alive and well though is it if you are arrested for heckling a few words.  It is not against the law, you might find it in bad taste that is up to you but what he did was legal.  It wasn't her funeral, that is on Monday??????

Edited by Weihrauch17

4 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Free speech is very obviously not alive and well though is it if you are arrested for heckling a few words.  It is not against the law.  It wasn't her funeral, that is on Monday??????

I never stated it was the Queens funeral. I said he was walking behind his mother coffin and that wasn’t the time for heckling or a protest.

So if he heckles at the funeral as well, then he should be arrested? Just clarifying your view?

1 hour ago, zipdog said:

WHAT!!

Free speech is alive and well, but heckling abuse at a person walking behind their mothers coffin isn’t a commendable act of free speech, its despicable.

People are allow to disagree and protest against each other but not in that fashion! How would the rest of your family like it if rocked up at your mothers funeral and heckle you for being a Weihrauch shooter, all in the name of free speech!!

Your words, it wasn't her funeral so why make the comparison to my mothers?  He is allowed to heckle irrespective of circumstance or how appropriate you feel it is, many might think alleged child abuse is a more serious offence than a bit of heckling.  I support everyone's right to have a view either way, it is called freedom of speech.

Edited by Weihrauch17

6 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Your words, it wasn't her funeral.  He is allowed to heckle irrespective of circumstance or how appropriate you feel it is, many might think child abuse is a more serious offence.

Sorry please show where I said it was the Queens funeral?? I didn’t, I made an example about your mothers funeral because I thought you might be able to relate to that!!

But that’s fine, I can heckle you wherever I like. Thanks for confirming it on a public forum. 

7 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Yes fill your boots, so glad you are supportive of an alleged child abuser.  

Again you put words into my mouth! Please evidence where I said I supported an alleged child abuser. 

Today was nothing to do with Andrew. It was a mark of resect for an old Lady, and anyone using it as opportunity should be disgraced. 

Just now, Gordon R said:

It was unwise of Andrew to put himself in a position where this could and did happen. 

Seriously! Its his mother’s coffin he’s walking behind. He is expected and should be there as her Son. Even prisoners get day release for such events. 

Think this forum has about run it's course. 

Seriously! Its his mother’s coffin he’s walking behind.

Yes. When he put his hands together, the other day and spoke to the press, I honestly thought he was trying to make a public comeback, at a time when few would criticise him. He has dragged the Royal Family through the mud and showed little respect for the Queen when she was alive.

Even prisoners get day release for such events. 

Do they? Or just for the funeral.

Edited by Gordon R

7 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Your words, it wasn't her funeral so why make the comparison to my mothers?  He is allowed to heckle irrespective of circumstance or how appropriate you feel it is, many might think alleged child abuse is a more serious offence than a bit of heckling.  I support everyone's right to have a view either way, it is called freedom of speech.

The police probably did him for a public order offence/breach of the peace. As what he did was likely to cause such in that situation.

8 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

First of all I haven't allegedly sexually abused under age girls nor paid millions in compensation to my accuser a rather emotive subject for most.  Free speech is very obviously not alive and well though is it if you are arrested for heckling a few words.  It is not against the law, you might find it in bad taste that is up to you but what he did was legal.  It wasn't her funeral, that is on Monday??????

She wasn’t under age.