Deformed pellets

Neil23

Recieved the AA diablo field heavy pellets this morning what I order at the weekend but on opening the tin there's quite alot of deformed pellets in the tin. Here's a few I've picked out with tweezers. It's been a long time since I've had to stock up on pellets and cand remember if this is common???

20220928_104635.jpg

28 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

It depends IMHO of how many deformed pellets that you have per one hundred perfect pellets. But for what I believe is marketed as a "premium pellet" that's a lot if that tin is just two hundred? I'd be emailing the manufacturer and speaking to the place you bough them 

250 in the tin. I probably could have picked more if I tried. 

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Contact the supplier, I have used many tins of these and very few deformed

Unless the head is damaged or they are bent at the waist they get sent.

The skirt is designed to form into the lands of the rifling as the pellet starts moving.

Tested some perfect against some imperfect years ago and there was no appreciable difference in groups.

If your a county or better level shooter and you want perfect every time because a duff one will live in your head for a while, fine. But it's really not that big an issue in my humble.

9 minutes ago, manthing said:

The skirt is designed to form into the lands of the rifling as the pellet starts moving.

Tested some perfect against some imperfect years ago and there was no appreciable difference in groups.

If your a county or better level shooter and you want perfect every time because a duff one will live in your head for a while, fine. But it's really not that big an issue in my humble.

So you saying they still perfectly useable aye ? 👍🏻

That is a bit off putting to say the least but as said the skirt will blow out and hit the lands on firing.  I have fired a few slightly deformed ones in the past and the tree rat complained it was a couple of mil low. 😁  No joking apart I have never had a problem with slightly deformed skirts on pellets .... ....  I emphasise  PELLETS

1 hour ago, manthing said:

Not a chance would I use those pellets on live quarry.

@Neil23 how many tins did you get? One or two and it's probably down to the post man throwing them around. 

But it's up to the company to pack them properly. 

9 minutes ago, Neil23 said:

Ill still try thm on paper just to see if theres much difference but getting half the cost of the tin refunded it's not to bad I'll try by elsewhere next time 

Some look that bad I just can't imagine they'll load well at all, but there's nothing wrong with getting the refund.

Screenshot_20211016-122520_Gallery.jpg.619d158c5bee7ed1972b918a7a866b8c.jpg

I sort mine from the tin, checking for any slight imperfections, yours are way beyond slight 😉