223 mod

Lloyd90

I have recently acquired a 223 as I wanted a light weight short and handy rifle for walking around the farm and the option to shoot longer range vermin etc than with the rimfire. 

Now I need to pick a moderator and want something light weight also as I don’t see the point in something that ruins the weight and balance of the rifle. 

The rifle is a Tikka T3x lite in 223. 

I am looking at putting a piccatiny rail and maybe a pulsar C50 or similar scope on it. 

Moderators in the running are: 

Stalon victor. 

Stalon 108. 

DPT muzzle mounted. 

Anyone got any experience of these and what do you think? Leaning toward the Stalon victor although I think the DPT is slightly (about 100g) lighter, but the Stalon is partially over barrel so not sure if this may balance nicer? 

17 hours ago, 30-6 said:

I have DPT on mine, very light, can't really compare noise reduction as it's a first for me, but it's good for what I need. Extra baffles can be added if needed.

I’ve got one on my 308 and think it’s great 👍🏻 

Just wondering if the Stalon be as good or not. 

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Looking forward to you coming out when you get some decent NV on the gun. I had another two last night and the 223 with 50g ballistic tips is truly awesome. It's relatively quiet, super accurate and has a devastating liquidizing effect on the internals.   

Still weighing it up, the Pulsar C50 looks good but my mates got an Infiray Tube TD50 so comparing them. 

Same as the mods. Want to get the purchase right before deciding 👍🏻

3 minutes ago, reddog said:

I have this moderator for sale which might fit the bill. Nice and light with minimal use , weighs about 222g. PM me for any more info.

Wrong thread and I think I’m going to go over barrel. 

What are they like generally?

15 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

All my rifles have Stalon mods. I love them, nice and light and work really well, both sound and recoil, I have a Tikka t3 in 30-06   With the recoil pad and the Stalon it behaves like .243, I can’t fault them 

Have you used the Stalon victor? 

1 hour ago, Lloyd90 said:

Wrong thread and I think I’m going to go over barrel. 

What are they like generally?

Have you used the Stalon victor? 

I’m afraid I haven’t. I have two  W145  one for the 30-06 and the other for the .243 and a rimfire moderator for the Sako quad . If the newer models are as good you should have no problems 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Lever357 said:

I have a DPT over barrel one on my 308 and it's very good. A friend was adamant he wanted a Stallon - first time he cleaned it, it looked like there was a chunk missing from inside. It got returned to suppliers who came back and said it was fine but he's lost all faith in it/

I ended up with a DPT over barrel as well 👍🏻

FDE5051A-E916-4918-952E-E232998EC25A.jpeg