Squirrel call

harrycatcat1

I had one for sale on here last year. Bought it to try on a couple of permissions, but shortly afterwards lost them. They are tricky to get used to, but I've seen and heard them in action and they do work to attract the squizzers.

If you want one, pay the postage and it's yours 😉

1 minute ago, Eddie B said:

I always thought, those calls that squirrels made, were warning calls. Would such a call attract squirrels, or do the opposite?

Some calls would be warning calls, but they have quite a range of others which this caller emulates quite well,,,, if the operator does their thing 😀

49 minutes ago, JKD said:

I had one for sale on here last year. Bought it to try on a couple of permissions, but shortly afterwards lost them. They are tricky to get used to, but I've seen and heard them in action and they do work to attract the squizzers.

If you want one, pay the postage and it's yours 😉

Offer accepted, thank you 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2022 at 09:43, Centrepin said:

I'd be interested in anything that works, I've tried tapping just once and it worked but ya can't tap and shoot at the same time. Lots of greys around at the moment but they screech a warning and are gone long before they're in range.

I went through our local graveyard with my daughters small dog yesterday and near a tree was at least 5 squirrels, anyway one was flicking its tail and barking/squawking at me and the dog. The call that JKD gave me sounds just like that noise.

What the noise means I haven’t a clue but its certainly very similar 😉

Edited by harrycatcat1

• 1 month later...