Pops_Hants

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sishyplops said:

Got mine in the Black Friday deal for £549 pity fed ex delivered it today to someone else !!!👎

I don’t feel that £549 is even a good deal.

I know it’s not the same product but it seems the most apt comparison.

a go pro is £550, reduced to £300 in the sale. Go pro’s have far more functionalities and are still cheaper. I feel SK is taking the jimmy riddle at this point 

I think if you’re using it to replay a days shooting then yes a gro pro is a much better choice , but to analyse lead (particularly maintained lead) I found it incredibly helpful , yes you need the same given target eg if you consistently miss station 4 in skeet , you can slow it right down and see the shot in relation to the clay, whenever I watched mine back I kept saying pull the trigger now but then you could see me pulling further in front , mainly on high tower or fast high crossers , I’m a half decent shot and have a 90% average at cpsa sporting although that was last year snd haven’t shot a sporting registered since then, and although no longer valid my Cpsa dashboard has me in AAA class , (not bragging but just to show I’m not new to this ) but i shot a sportrap and got 58 !! New gun, new carts from the norm, new glasses etc etc , so when fed ex sort their mistake out I’m really looking forward to trying the gen 4 out, as said before should not have sold the gen 3 but it helped me solve the issue at the time 

10 hours ago, Pops_Hants said:

I don’t feel that £549 is even a good deal.

I know it’s not the same product but it seems the most apt comparison.

a go pro is £550, reduced to £300 in the sale. Go pro’s have far more functionalities and are still cheaper. I feel SK is taking the jimmy riddle at this point 

£100 off a "premium product" is pretty good for a brand that rarely if ever discounts. 

But, if you sell your shotkam v3 for £350, then it's only £199 to upgrade ;)

I'll admit you can't compare too well. A lot of that £649 is the nice little crosshairs you don't have on the gopro. That's gotta be worth £300! aha

7 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

£100 off a "premium product" is pretty good for a brand that rarely if ever discounts. 

But, if you sell your shotkam v3 for £350, then it's only £199 to upgrade

I'll admit you can't compare too well. A lot of that £649 is the nice little crosshairs you don't have on the gopro. That's gotta be worth £300! aha

Rarely discount? Shotkam have and run multiple sales and discounts every year? 

23 minutes ago, HantsRob said:

But, if you sell your shotkam v3 for £350, then it's only £199 to upgrade

haha, I get what you're saying, but it is still a 16% discount off an already over priced product, vs Go Pro's approach of a 27% discount off of a cheaper yet I think a more refined and technological capable product.

I know we've discussed in person, and both agree - it's not worth it.

16 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Rarely discount? Shotkam have and run multiple sales and discounts every year? 

I haven't been looking long, but as far as I've seen they only run sales on Black Friday, especially being an American company. I think Rob means in comparison against other companies, such as Go Pro who offer Black Friday, Christmas, Jan sales, Easter sales etc etc. Searching for shotkam, I've only found Black Friday sales? Happy to be corrected though

19 minutes ago, Pops_Hants said:

haha, I get what you're saying, but it is still a 16% discount off an already over priced product, vs Go Pro's approach of a 27% discount off of a cheaper yet I think a more refined and technological capable product.

I know we've discussed in person, and both agree - it's not worth it.

I haven't been looking long, but as far as I've seen they only run sales on Black Friday, especially being an American company. I think Rob means in comparison against other companies, such as Go Pro who offer Black Friday, Christmas, Jan sales, Easter sales etc etc. Searching for shotkam, I've only found Black Friday sales? Happy to be corrected though

Shotkam also do similar discounts. Father’s Day new year Easter etc

E76EF2C1-573E-4FA3-A5B4-736DA7E4A1FD.png

Edited by TK421

• 6 months later...

My M3 helped me realize how I naturally shoot and that I was moving the gun too much chasing the clay this and the lessons and reviews of the lessons improved my shooting so I'm happy. 

Selling my mk 3 at the moment and will probably get a mk 4 on the father's Day sale a good toy .

People are happy to pay 6k and lots more for two tubes nailed to a bit of wood that shoots no better than  a 2k bit of wood with two tubes nailed on . Oh but but the engraving and the wood . Kills nothing.

On 14/11/2022 at 15:34, TK421 said:

All good points but everyone sees lead differently. I try not to focus on lead more on gun speed which has more of an influencing factor on sight picture and perceived lead.
Gun speed and hold point. Both can be different and both can result in a hit or miss. Both with a perceived difference in lead. 

Camera sees lead and speed the same every time 

32 minutes ago, bishopp1 said:

Camera sees lead and speed the same every time 

That doesn’t even make sense? What do your eyes see every time, that’s what’s important? Regardless of what you see 10 minutes after you’ve shot a bird missed it and reviewed it. 
To each his own… there’s plenty for sale for a reason YMMV