Baikal sxs double trigger issue

harrycatcat1

I really like this gun as it's hardly had any use and it quite stiff/tight.

However, I took it to a clay shoot and put 50 cartridges through it and i came back with a very sore nearly bruised finger the one next to my trigger finger.

Upon investigation today trying to understand what happened, the rear trigger is perfect when my trigger finger is on it and the trigger guard is no where the next finger.

Then when I reach my trigger finger to the front trigger the trigger guard is hard on the finger next to my trigger finger. When I pull the front trigger the trigger guard bangs the second finger.

Do I need a longer a trigger finger extension 🤔 if so can you recommend anyone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't be the first person with this problem can I 🤔 

Sorry for rambling but don't know how to resolve this issue. 

On 15/11/2022 at 17:04, harrycatcat1 said:

I really like this gun as it's hardly had any use and it quite stiff/tight.

However, I took it to a clay shoot and put 50 cartridges through it and i came back with a very sore nearly bruised finger the one next to my trigger finger.

Upon investigation today trying to understand what happened, the rear trigger is perfect when my trigger finger is on it and the trigger guard is no where the next finger.

Then when I reach my trigger finger to the front trigger the trigger guard is hard on the finger next to my trigger finger. When I pull the front trigger the trigger guard bangs the second finger.

Do I need a longer a trigger finger extension 🤔 if so can you recommend anyone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can't be the first person with this problem can I 🤔 

Sorry for rambling but don't know how to resolve this issue. 

I've got a double trigger Baikal and have the exact same issue, absolutely knocks ******* out of my finger but it shoots well and I like it.

I was just going to get a bit of soft foam and some black electrical tape on it 🤣

3 hours ago, Madhatter2132 said:

I've got a double trigger Baikal and have the exact same issue, absolutely knocks ******* out of my finger but it shoots well and I like it.

I was just going to get a bit of soft foam and some black electrical tape on it 🤣

My "soft foam and black tape" replacement arrived today 👍👍😉😉🤣🤣🤣

Screenshot_20221117_120828_Gallery.jpg

3 hours ago, Madhatter2132 said:

I couldn't pick my nose with that on my finger though 😒 😉🤣

Just now, harrycatcat1 said:

The back trigger is fine it's reaching for the front trigger.  It's the distance from the trigger guard and the front trigger that's the problem 😉 I will take a picture to show.

The reason a short stock can be a finger bruiser is that there is a tendency if the stock is too short for it to be not firmly in the shoulder, so on firing there is greater backward movement of the gun - hence the bruising.  Sometimes people get finger bruising in summer, but not in winter (when they wear more clothes, so stock being a touch short not so much of a problem).  It's just a thought if the rubber ring still leaves a problem, but I do know lots who use the ring with success.  Despite having small hands, I have not suffered bruised fingers myself.

There is a to large a space between the rear trigger and the back of the bow . This could be reset and shaped but it would cost you to do so as it is something that is not as easy as it may seem and not a job to tackle if you do not have some experience of bending metal by hand .

The buffer could help but may push you hand back so your finger is not on the front trigger as you would like .

Another common cause is just not holding the gun tight enough so it is moving in your hands 

36 minutes ago, Gunman said:

There is a to large a space between the rear trigger and the back of the bow . This could be reset and shaped but it would cost you to do so as it is something that is not as easy as it may seem and not a job to tackle if you do not have some experience of bending metal by hand .

The buffer could help but may push you hand back so your finger is not on the front trigger as you would like .

Another common cause is just not holding the gun tight enough so it is moving in your hands 

Thanks 👍 I'm going to try the "buffer" with a pair of gloves to see what happens. I do like the gun so I will persevere with it for now.

I have the rubber thing on my Royal Merlin, It was really hammering my finger without it. Not an issue with my Baikal IZH 54 though, nor with my Bayard 16g BUT both of these are Pistol grip whereas the Merlin is English Staright so that may well be my issue. Also,found Ramsbottoms were the cheapest

10 hours ago, Diver One said:

I have the rubber thing on my Royal Merlin, It was really hammering my finger without it. Not an issue with my Baikal IZH 54 though, nor with my Bayard 16g BUT both of these are Pistol grip whereas the Merlin is English Staright so that may well be my issue. Also,found Ramsbottoms were the cheapest

But where do you get a Rams bottom and is that legal   ?   🤔 

That is exactly what I use on my G.Bate 16 bore BLNE which is marginally too short in the stock for me and the pad certainly has eradicated any bruising to the second finger.

I shoot this double triggered straight hand stocked gun left-handed so the smooth rounded part of the brass bolt is on the side of my index finger and not against the nut on the right hand side (if that makes sense).

OB

IMG_0987.JPG

Edited by Old Boggy

On 20/11/2022 at 16:29, Old Boggy said:

That is exactly what I use on my G.Bate 16 bore BLNE which is marginally too short in the stock for me and the pad certainly has eradicated any bruising to the second finger.

I shoot this double triggered straight hand stocked gun left-handed so the smooth rounded part of the brass bolt is on the side of my index finger and not against the nut on the right hand side (if that makes sense).

OB

IMG_0987.JPG

Yes it does make sense, I will be trying mine out Saturday morning 👍