The Shooting Show 2023 (Sometime in Feb) - Parking now included

discobob

I remember comments about people being disappointed by last years event when they had to pay extra for parking - apparently this year parking is included

The cynical in me says that they have inflated the price of every ticket by an amount that would far exceed monies taken on parking - but I hope to be surprised :)

For me, that would make my ticket expensive as I get the train there, and free parking at the train station not far from Wrexham

• 1 month later...
On 16/11/2022 at 13:48, discobob said:

I remember comments about people being disappointed by last years event when they had to pay extra for parking - apparently this year parking is included

The cynical in me says that they have inflated the price of every ticket by an amount that would far exceed monies taken on parking - but I hope to be surprised

For me, that would make my ticket expensive as I get the train there, and free parking at the train station not far from Wrexham

£25:60 per ticket (adult) if booked online. I was thinking of going providing I can get time off work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i am just back, my thoughts and observations 

1, it was quiet on the Sunday. Not empty but there were no queues all day 

2. there were loads of vendors missing ie no maxpedition, no 5.11 none of the unbranded stores with pile it high sell it cheap. 

3, it felt smaller than previous years 

4, this was the year of NV and thermal - though i didnt see any particularly good show deals on this 

its getting hard to justify £82.39 ( 2 adults 2 kids) + diesel and food for the day. 

I went Saturday, had a good wonder round, spent a wee bit of money on nothing i wanted ,apart from the want to sit down and a cup of coffee, bumped into a few faces i knew, and a chat with some i didnt, clocked a few You tube celeb's that seemed to be upset due to the lack of red carpet laid out in front as they walked round, and i've sorted out Mr's D's Christmas prezzy. 

All of which i wouldnt have done sat on my arm chair at home.