12 guage cartridges

hankook1

Yeah they are good cartridges but i've gone over to steel as mostly wild fowling now.

Atb Alf.

Oh forgot to mention I do a lot of shooting air rifle  as well so don't mind exchanging these for .22 cal pellets of decent quality to same value or partial swap etc.

Atb Alf.

11 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Tightchoke will be along shortly, it`s only a 2 1/2 hour drive for him

I could easily get there before the number one cartridge buyer Chris , would had been one of the only times I would had beaten him to it , a nice cartridge but I have got enough 32 gm if not I would had been interested .

GOOD LUCK with the sale.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I wasn't going to reply, but it simply is not viable to drive for 5 hours.   :cool1:

Good luck with the sale, someone will get a good deal.  :good:

There you go , I thought I had beaten you to it , but alas you won again by a short head.

MERRY CHRISTMAS :drinks:

1 minute ago, marsh man said:

And a Merry Christmas to you sir , my daughter live in Beccles , very near Tilneys , there yer go , another bit of useless information :good:

Hello John,

The times I`ve been to Beccles in the hope of finding Robert Tilney`s shop open, but so far no luck. He must always be either at the Antiques Roadshows, Game fairs or re-enactments somewhere. His shop looks an Aladdin`s cave of interesting stuff.

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

Hello John,

The times I`ve been to Beccles in the hope of finding Robert Tilney`s shop open, but so far no luck. He must always be either at the Antiques Roadshows, Game fairs or re-enactments somewhere. His shop looks an Aladdin`s cave of interesting stuff.

OB

I wouldn’t bother with Tilney,I was at school with him 50 years ago,nasty piece of work,thought he was superior and someone special, quick with his fists,a bit of a bully,a leopard doesn’t change its spots! All he seems interested in now is getting very rich through BBC license payers.

Edited by TOPGUN749

5 minutes ago, hankook1 said:

Well ya learn something every day, i've always found Robert to be ok, he's a good oldskool gunsmith can fix pretty much anything imo very knowledgeable chap, but I never went to school in beccles, Loddon secondary modern for me just up the road 🤣

His father Lindsey was a decent man and Gunsmith,Robert was a brat at the Leman Grammar school,he is 66 now,so can only have improved as a person.

57 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

His father Lindsey was a decent man and Gunsmith,Robert was a brat at the Leman Grammar school,he is 66 now,so can only have improved as a person.

My grandchildren now go to sir John leman, and my missus works there lol, its now a academy lol.

1 hour ago, TOPGUN749 said:

I knew his dad very briefly , he used to come on the estate where I worked with his Black Labs picking up , they did say at the time he was better with his dogs than he was with his guns , never had any repairs done by Tilneys , always used Richardson's of Halesworth .

6 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I knew his dad very briefly , he used to come on the estate where I worked with his Black Labs picking up , they did say at the time he was better with his dogs than he was with his guns , never had any repairs done by Tilneys , always used Richardson's of Halesworth .

Yes Lindsey used to go shooting to Redisham Hall in his Morris 1000 traveler.I have often been to Richardson’s,bought my first 12 bore there in 1972 for £13.Hope the two brothers are still working,must be nearly 80 now!

3 minutes ago, TOPGUN749 said:

Yes Lindsey used to go shooting to Redisham Hall in his Morris 1000 traveler.I have often been to Richardson’s,bought my first 12 bore there in 1972 for £13.Hope the two brothers are still working,must be nearly 80 now!

Yes they are and well over retirement age now with one of the sons doing all the ordering and paperwork , but it is more of a way of life now rather than a business enterprise , I knew there father as well , a lovely ole boy who used to make a gun stock from scratch and he once said it took ten days from start to finish , weather it was all day everyday or some work done on it each day , he drove a slightly different car from Mr Tilney , his mode of transport was a pure White Jensen Interceptor sports car , he used to bring me a  slab of Style cartridges when he came down to the Somerleyton gun cub when they were clay shooting , the price , £12.50 all in , Happy days .

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Yes they are and well over retirement age now with one of the sons doing all the ordering and paperwork , but it is more of a way of life now rather than a business enterprise , I knew there father as well , a lovely ole boy who used to make a gun stock from scratch and he once said it took ten days from start to finish , weather it was all day everyday or some work done on it each day , he drove a slightly different car from Mr Tilney , his mode of transport was a pure White Jensen Interceptor sports car , he used to bring me a  slab of Style cartridges when he came down to the Somerleyton gun cub when they were clay shooting , the price , £12.50 all in , Happy days .

I remember Alan Richardson too from the 70’s,and I too used to buy their Style cartridges £1 for 25 box,which was a lot for a boy of 15! I shot clays at Somerleyton,in the 80’s on holiday,the Richardson boys lent me a gun! Yes happy days!

Ye there still there

I remember Alan Richardson too from the 70’s,and I too used to buy their Style cartridges £1 for 25 box,which was a lot for a boy of 15! I shot clays at Somerleyton,in the 80’s on holiday,the Richardson boys lent me a gun! Yes happy days!

When I used to go and watch the big clay shoots like the British open I never thought that one I will be taking the club house to bits and dismantle the high tower , we done that several years ago before the land owner gave it to the Broads Authority , now would you believe there is a pay and display machine on the car park and not a trace of any clay shoot ever been there , mind you the ground would have the odd ton of lead shoot scattered everywhere .:hmm: