suzuki vitara.tyre monitor system

gemini52

54 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Faulty valve sensor?

No, i have 18 plate vitara and so does the mrs. its the cold weather. Mine went off as well, after 20 mins back to normal. Its the cold that sets them off. As long as its sitting at right pressure and not losing air it will be okay.

Edited by billytheghillie

The cold weather drops the tyre pressures and triggers the system. Whatever set of pressures you want, (just leave it on comfort, 33 all round) stick an extra 2psi in, so 35psi for comfort.

You need to check what the system is set to monitor, you can change between eco, comfort or laden. It can be difficult to access the dash menu with the TPMS triggered so first get the light out.

This bit is not in the drivers handbook.

With the engine running, pump each tyre up to 40psi and then back down to 35.

This should put the light out, but you absolutely have to do it with the engine running.

Now this bit is in the drivers handbook.

On the dash you have a button on the top right of the instrument panel, press this button repeatedly until the dash display shows "Range", then press and hold it until the menu is displayed, now twist the button to scroll through the menu until you get to TPMS, press the button to select, then it will show "tyre pressures" and "mode", twist to select mode then press again.

In "mode" it will have comfort, eco and laden, it should be on comfort, if not twist to select and press to confirm, if it is, just press to confirm.

If you then twist the button you can scroll through the menu until you get to "back" press to select and it will take you back to the original dash display.

I work at a Suzuki dealer and we must get at least half a dozen calls a day with people saying they have the TPMS light on.

How did we ever manage before such sophisticated technology now gives us warnings that tyres need their pressure checking, oh it was called a pressure gauge and cost less than a fiver and enabled you to check all tyres including the spare, oh but wait you don’t now even get a spare just a tin of gunk…… such is progress.

22 hours ago, Wymondley said:

The cold weather drops the tyre pressures and triggers the system. Whatever set of pressures you want, (just leave it on comfort, 33 all round) stick an extra 2psi in, so 35psi for comfort.

You need to check what the system is set to monitor, you can change between eco, comfort or laden. It can be difficult to access the dash menu with the TPMS triggered so first get the light out.

This bit is not in the drivers handbook.

With the engine running, pump each tyre up to 40psi and then back down to 35.

This should put the light out, but you absolutely have to do it with the engine running.

Now this bit is in the drivers handbook.

On the dash you have a button on the top right of the instrument panel, press this button repeatedly until the dash display shows "Range", then press and hold it until the menu is displayed, now twist the button to scroll through the menu until you get to TPMS, press the button to select, then it will show "tyre pressures" and "mode", twist to select mode then press again.

In "mode" it will have comfort, eco and laden, it should be on comfort, if not twist to select and press to confirm, if it is, just press to confirm.

If you then twist the button you can scroll through the menu until you get to "back" press to select and it will take you back to the original dash display.

I work at a Suzuki dealer and we must get at least half a dozen calls a day with people saying they have the TPMS light on.

Its gone off now,done what you said,cheers got to do it for my brother now,he has a18 reg vitara.

8 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

How did we ever manage before such sophisticated technology now gives us warnings that tyres need their pressure checking, oh it was called a pressure gauge and cost less than a fiver and enabled you to check all tyres including the spare, oh but wait you don’t now even get a spare just a tin of gunk…… such is progress.

The fact that we see so many vehicles with the light on, just shows that most people don't bother to check their pressures on a regular basis.

Incorrect tyre pressures mean you use more fuel and create more emissions, which is what it's all about, thank the EU greenies for that one.

Most TPMS trigger at around 10% loss of pressure, if the pressures are kept at what they should be, or slightly higher to compensate for cold snaps, the light will never come on, unless you have a puncture. 

If you have a Suzuki Vitara or S cross you can check the tyre pressures via the dash display, then you only have to pump them up when needed, before the light comes on.

5 hours ago, gemini52 said:

Its gone off now,done what you said,cheers got to do it for my brother now,he has a18 reg vitara.

You're welcome, we do this nearly every day, for no charge to our customers, (we're actually the no1 Suzuki dealer for customer retention) keeps the apprentice on his toes.

It was very cold here today, so our regular batch of "my tyre light is on" customers were bolstered by the "my washers are frozen" group.

Again, all sorted for no charge while they sat and watched TV with free hot drinks in the waiting area.