Who's brave enough?

Mice!

Let's have a bit of fun.

I had the stock off my gun last week after a cold, damp, wet day, action and stock wiped down, left to warm up to room temperature,  then left and wiped again the following day.

Now I don't often have any trouble with a loss of zero, I don't check zero when I arrive to shoot, the first and often only shot is a squirrel on a feeder.

But if I take the stock off I like to check things,  even if its just for peace of mind,  I'm shooting live quarry after all.

So about three o'clock this afternoon, plastic chair out, shooting off an old kitchen stool which because they adjust for height are very handy, target set about 22mtrs ish, I couldn't get in the garage to shoot where I normally do because well its a mess and I was trying to be quick.

Screenshot_20221220-205707_Gallery.jpg.fd5ac50e4a66904b0301d1cfebca7700.jpg

Two shots and I packed up ( I only had 5 pelletsin the mag), very happy knowing everything is as it should be. 

So who's brave enough,  set up, two shots, no messing about and post the picture,  should be easy enough shouldn't it?

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Good idea, watch this space.

I'll be watching 😉

3 minutes ago, Morkin said:

You are showing of now,😁😎 was that of the hip🤠

If I wasn't rested I'd probably need a bigger piece of paper, but the guns better than I am 😁

22 minutes ago, 243deer said:

Never a bad idea to check zero, hopefully a few folk will take up the challenge. I would even venture to say just take one shot as that is the one that counts on live quarry

Certainly does, I expect to hit with that first shot, but like to take another in the garden, they might not always be touching  but you know when things are right.

Any calibre,  Pfft gun or powder, just give it a go 😉

I’ll have a go when the wind dies down a bit. I wouldn’t count on hitting the paper in this strong wind at the moment. 
 Toopped up the gun with air other day and wiped it over but not expecting any change from it’s normal accuracy. 

Edited by figgy

7 hours ago, figgy said:

I’ll have a go when the wind dies down a bit. I wouldn’t count on hitting the paper in this strong wind at the moment. 
 Toopped up the gun with air other day and wiped it over but not expecting any change from it’s normal accuracy. 

👍👍 I haven't shot the Rapid in months, just an occasional dry fire, I'm going to try and get a few shots off Saturday,  just to see 😃

3 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

What exactly is the challenge .? 

Draw a circle round a 5 pence piece  and fire 5 shots straight  out the gun no warm up ,  no practice shots  etc  and what range ? I can do 24 yds  in my garden . That OK.? 

2 shots mate at what ever range you normally shoot, your 24 yds is great, no warm up, no tweaks.

Folk normally post pictures of groups, after shooting a few mags probably, but do you and your gun perform first time, first shot.

The 5p coin was for a size reference, I just scribbled a dot on the paper 👍

12 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Absolutely,  whatever you normally shoot at, I was thinking you wouldn't shoot a HMR at airgun range (would you?) And the rapid wouldn't reach Hmr range 👍

I have one particular feeder at a safe 40 yards and have not hesitated using it many a time wind or no wind with Hmr or .22lr.

A bit reluctant on the same feeder for squirrels at 40 yards  with sub 12 Rapid regardless of accuracy, I know how tough squirrels can be if a bit out.

But yes I will try to do 2 shots at 100 with hmr and 2 shots with Rapid probably at 25 yards.

2 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

bit reluctant on the same feeder for squirrels at 40 yards  with sub 12 Rapid regardless of accuracy, I know how tough squirrels can be if a bit out.

Absolutely 👍 doesn't take much of a twitch from you or the squirrel and you've missed or worse.

I got the Rapid out today, despite having the large bottle on it always feels right.

I dry fired 4 or 5 shots to check everything sounded right as I've hardly used the gun this year.

Loaded a mag and came downstairs,  but it appears the wife is a witch, we've had so many varieties of weather here today it's just not been possible to get outside between cooking a second Xmas dinner and the rain, hail, sleet and wind.

Try again tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Have not had time yet but 11 tree rats in five days on a 20yrd flip top agree my old AA200 can still group them. Will hope to put up a card this week some time if the weather stays tidy.

Great stuff Nev, they rarely complain do they 👍

3C879EC8-1EA9-47AD-B129-46EDCCF37159.jpeg

FA5E7549-70B9-424D-92AD-B34957C500C3.jpegTop pic is 3 standing/ freehand shots with my Rapid mk1 and explains why I always shoot my rifles from my b&q quad sticks.bottom one is using quad sticks.🤫😀

My excuse is the Rapid is particularly heavy especially with the big (400cc?) bottle.

circle drawn around a 1p coin.

too much wind to do hmr at 100yd.

Edited by Good shot?

1 hour ago, Good shot? said:

3C879EC8-1EA9-47AD-B129-46EDCCF37159.jpeg

FA5E7549-70B9-424D-92AD-B34957C500C3.jpegTop pic is 3 standing/ freehand shots with my Rapid mk1 and explains why I always shoot my rifles from my b&q quad sticks.bottom one is using quad sticks.🤫😀

My excuse is the Rapid is particularly heavy especially with the big (400cc?) bottle.

circle drawn around a 1p coin.

too much wind to do hmr at 100yd.

Very nice, I rarely shoot without leaning on a tree or using sticks these days, it doesn't bother me knowing my free hand shooting is pants, I do take the odd free stander, but there normally close range and elevated. 

I actually thought your top picture was going to be the Hmr in the wind 👍