Weird Combinations

yates

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Was that the compo ration cheese in the tin?  Where you could see what looked just like a thumbprint as if it had been pushed in?

I love a bit of strong cheddar on a digestive with butter - but replace the jam with some Branston. 

However, sweet with savoury doesn't work for me; love gammon, love pineapple, but not together; love pork, love stewed apple - but not together.  Pork and sage and onion is lovely though - and stewed apple with dark muscavado sugar and cream - which a shortbread biscuit.  Lovely.

It was the cheese in the tin, it had hard "crystals" of cheese in it and was very strong.

6 minutes ago, amateur said:

I concur for tea, but for coffee, Whoopie Goldberg gets my vote.

I will go NATO for a coffee but for that first hit of the day a Whoopie Goldberg is a must.

17 hours ago, welsh1 said:

Love a lettuce and colemans mustard sarnie.

Similar I like Lettuce, corned beef and mustard. Have any of you guys tried Morrisons mustard a bit sweeter and a lot stronger than Colemans, gets right up your nose if you have to much so you don't need as much and its half the price of Colemans.

I had pate and lettuce sarnies for work this week as the pate was out of date, very nice.

4 hours ago, powler said:

Similar I like Lettuce, corned beef and mustard. Have any of you guys tried Morrisons mustard a bit sweeter and a lot stronger than Colemans, gets right up your nose if you have to much so you don't need as much and its half the price of Colemans.

I had pate and lettuce sarnies for work this week as the pate was out of date, very nice.

Funnily enough the other day at my mother in laws i had a pork pie with some of her morrisons mustard, as you say a suprising kick to it.

4 hours ago, powler said:

Morrisons mustard a bit sweeter and a lot stronger than Colemans, gets right up your nose if you have to much so you don't need as much and its half the price of Colemans.

For a HOT mustard (well fairly hot), Tracklements "Spitfire" mustard is quite nice, but the ordinary Coleman's seems much hotter (my impression anyway) when made up fresh from powder rather than being bought as a paste in the jar.  I will try the Morrisons next time I go as I usually avoid 'own brand' as some are very mild.

23 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

For a HOT mustard (well fairly hot), Tracklements "Spitfire" mustard is quite nice, but the ordinary Coleman's seems much hotter (my impression anyway) when made up fresh from powder rather than being bought as a paste in the jar.  I will try the Morrisons next time I go as I usually avoid 'own brand' as some are very mild.

trouble with colmans mustard they have gone all la-di-da...they add flour to the mix..............in the old days we used to mix the mustard up with water and add a bit of vinegar to the mix...........make your eyes water it did :good: