Weird Combinations

yates

Probably inspired(if that is possible), from previous posts in this section. I have thrown together left over chicken from last night's roast with a piece of  cold left over black pudding(obviously Stornoway ☺️),to make a sarnie. Surprisingly very good 👍 

Edited by yates

I was in California many moons ago as a guest of the local law department....black and white drivers of.... and the first morning was taken out for breakfast. My host order four eggs over easy and proceeded to pour maple syrup all over them.  I do think that is the wierdest combination I have seen.    The nearest I get to it is peppered cheese grilled on toast and made into a sandwich with beetroot relish and is even better with three lean rashers of quality smoked bacon included.

Marmite, peanut, sandwich spread

,marmite and lemon curd

marmite and jam

marmite and cheese

jam and stilton

horseradish and cheese

horseadish sauce sandwich

HP sauce sandwich 

all sandwiches on Brown ( or my newly discovered Jason's range of sourdough) and proper butter 

follow me for more tips tips on how to unblock your toilet

14 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Marmite, peanut, sandwich spread

,marmite and lemon curd

marmite and jam

marmite and cheese

jam and stilton

horseradish and cheese

horseadish sauce sandwich

HP sauce sandwich 

all sandwiches on Brown ( or my newly discovered Jason's range of sourdough) and proper butter 

follow me for more tips tips on how to unblock your toilet

Just a wild guess, but do you like Marmite? :whistling:

3 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

In the Army ration packs we used to get the hard biscuit add some of the strong cheddar on top and then some jam, now it's a digestive, mature cheddar and jam, lovely.

Love a lettuce and colemans mustard sarnie.
Toast covered in marmite and a poached egg

we used to call them "drain covers"

3 hours ago, welsh1 said:

In the Army ration packs we used to get the hard biscuit add some of the strong cheddar on top and then some jam, now it's a digestive, mature cheddar and jam, lovely.

Was that the compo ration cheese in the tin?  Where you could see what looked just like a thumbprint as if it had been pushed in?

I love a bit of strong cheddar on a digestive with butter - but replace the jam with some Branston. 

However, sweet with savoury doesn't work for me; love gammon, love pineapple, but not together; love pork, love stewed apple - but not together.  Pork and sage and onion is lovely though - and stewed apple with dark muscavado sugar and cream - which a shortbread biscuit.  Lovely.