Brentwood Woodpigeon Club

We are a long established club operating in the Brentwood, Chelmsford, Latchingdon, Bradwell on Sea and  Essex areas.

We are looking for experienced Woodpigeon shooters to come and join our pest control club. We are a structured organisation, with a committee of seven. Selection at the moment ( which will be changing) is by interview. If accepted, you will be asked to complete a set of theory questions, based on your knowledge around the general licence, safety and pigeon shooting in general. It’s not a pass or fail.
Shooting will be offered, Monday to Friday whilst on probation. You must be able to complete 20 shoots per season, which runs from 1st September until the end of May. Summer shooting will also be available. Please contact us via email at brentwoodpigeon@gmail.com. 
Frank & Sue Harrington Shoot Organisers. 

49 minutes ago, fuff12000 said:

We are a long established club operating in the Brentwood, Chelmsford, Latchingdon, Bradwell on Sea and  Essex areas.

We are looking for experienced Woodpigeon shooters to come and join our pest control club. We are a structured organisation, with a committee of seven. Selection at the moment ( which will be changing) is by interview. If accepted, you will be asked to complete a set of theory questions, based on your knowledge around the general licence, safety and pigeon shooting in general. It’s not a pass or fail.
Shooting will be offered, Monday to Friday whilst on probation. You must be able to complete 20 shoots per season, which runs from 1st September until the end of May. Summer shooting will also be available. Please contact us via email at brentwoodpigeon@gmail.com. 
Frank & Sue Harrington Shoot Organisers. 

Would holding the BASC Proficiency Award Scheme Certificate exempt potential members from the theory questions? 

1 hour ago, wymberley said:

Would holding the BASC Proficiency Award Scheme Certificate exempt potential members from the theory questions? 

Hi, we treat every potential member the same, regardless of qualifications. 

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

Who gets the shoot pigeons in summer when they are over standing crop or on the stubbles .? Just the long standing  members  ? The newbies can only do the winter donky work with no summer reward ? Hummm .

Read the post again. Summer shooting will be available. 

We do understand that this opportunity may be off putting for the Monday to Friday workers. Unfortunately, due to our commitment to our farmers, we need shooters out there at the times stated. After the two year probationary period, seven day a week shooting will also become available. 

Out of interest what is the cost of joining? I think it will be of interest to prospective members that may be more inclined to apply knowing this information or on the other hand less likely to waste your time applying and then cutting contact in finding out the cost involved. 

45 minutes ago, fuff12000 said:

We do understand that this opportunity may be off putting for the Monday to Friday workers. Unfortunately, due to our commitment to our farmers, we need shooters out there at the times stated. After the two year probationary period, seven day a week shooting will also become available. 

Yep, finding committed midweek shooters is difficult, most of the farmers I shoot for say the same thing, plenty of door knocker Saturday and Sunday but rarely midweek shooters, guess most midweek shooters are retired and already have their own ground to cover and are not looking for any more.

I don't blame you for being strict with your rules, only takes one to mess it up for everyone, good luck in your search and hope you find a few willing shooters that meet your needs.:good:

This is a very good club or when I was a member it was, that’s not to suggest it has changed.

My Dad was one of the earliest members and both my brother and myself joined. Really well organised, good people and great farms to shoot over. If I was still in Essex I would be putting my name forward

37 minutes ago, Humblepie said:

This is a very good club or when I was a member it was, that’s not to suggest it has changed.

My Dad was one of the earliest members and both my brother and myself joined. Really well organised, good people and great farms to shoot over. If I was still in Essex I would be putting my name forward

Thank you for your kinds words. Lots of things have changed. We are more modern with five days a week booking out.

If you work five days a week, this does not prelude you from going out. But you must be able to shoot 20 times a year.

On 28/01/2023 at 11:47, wymberley said:

On 28/01/2023 at 14:06, old'un said:

Its a great opportunity for someone to get into pigeon shooting, but your criteria for midweek shooters might put off those in full time employment, I would be interested to know how many respond.

On 28/01/2023 at 14:41, Spr1985 said:

Out of interest what is the cost of joining? I think it will be of interest to prospective members that may be more inclined to apply knowing this information or on the other hand less likely to waste your time applying and then cutting contact in finding out the cost involved. 

Hi everyone. Working Monday to Friday does not prelude you from joining the BWC. Our criteria is, you must be able to commit to shooting at least 20 outings per season.

On 28/01/2023 at 19:10, Mungler said:

I live in Brentwood, but alas I have a job Mon to Fri. 

Perhaps I can check back in when I hit retirement 😆

• 2 months later...