Fury v Paul

Gordon R

I suspect many will not care who wins the fight between two novices. I shouldn't care, but am curious about the outcome. I have seen Tommy Fury's fights and have been appalled by his lack of boxing skills.

His "style" reminds me of his father. No jab, no real defence, with an offence which consists of rushing in, whilst trying to land hooks with either hand. A half decent professional would spark him out with some ease. 

Paul is relatively crude, but looks to have better boxing skills.

It's a toss up between them, but I take Paul to stop him.

Some of the Boxing and match ups/scorecards ect.. these days are becoming a real joke. Dont get me wrong there are still some interesting fights getting made and plenty of quailty boxers out there, especially in the lower weight divisions.

The thing is these type of circus's will do well with ticket sales and PPV's due to the gullible followers of these youtube/reality tv celebs.  I think boxing has gone the same way as the darts have gone over the years. It used to be attended by fans of the game or sport, now it is the  ''in thing'' to do.  Rowdy football fans getting dressed up in fancy fress for a **** up and a sing song. Same with the boxing, out for a **** up and a chance to sing ''sweet caroline''.

Take the Fury v Chisora 3 for an example! A sold out football staduim for a foregone conclusion that no real boxing fan was remotely intetested in.

As for Paul v Fury. Then I also think Paul will  put him to sleep. I see camp Fury had a Carlisle hardman (Bare Knuckle fighter) down for a sparring session with T F. I would give the Bareknuckle fighter more of a chance of beating Paul to be honest. Then possibly Fury has been putting in the work behind closed doors,so you never know!  I will probably watch it as the Badou Jack fight on the undercard should be a good one. Whats the bet Tyson will steal the show in the ring after the fight,  maybe Jake Paul will be his next opponent if Paul wins,the way things are going it would no doubt sell out a football stadium.

Jake Paul by KO or Tommy Fury by split decision in an hug fest is my prediction.

I've got to think T Fury takes it, I've taken no interest in him and am not sure on his capabilities other than he's no where near a top tier fighter, however the fact he's boxed professionally and not yet over the hill, isn't a youtube star and has the big one is, there's nothing in it for him if he loses, yes he's going to get a pay day, but is taking the smaller purse, particularly if he takes a loss. If he wins, everyone will say he should have done anyway and if he loses he gets one small pay day and his career as anything resembling a serious boxer is over. Why would he take a fight like that if he thought for a moment he might loose. 

2 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I can't quite believe I'm going to type this, but I agree with  Home Alone actor Macaulay Culkin:

image.png.45528afe414d79c50dcdb58de9c38c1d.png

Well at least it's over. Can we get back to some proper boxing now?

Boxing is dead in the water now in my opinion no real boxers left it's been on the decline for the last 5 years. All a circus act to drum up social media response to sell it for ppv , bookies , advertising,  another brillant sport on its **** 😔 

20 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Boxing is dead in the water now in my opinion no real boxers left it's been on the decline for the last 5 years. All a circus act to drum up social media response to sell it for ppv , bookies , advertising,  another brillant sport on its **** 😔 

what do you mean by dead. If you mean promoters and belt organisations have ruined the sport, avoiding the big fights for fear of their fighter losing, or them amassing all the belts, or in the case of fights like this one, with basically amateur fights taking place for big money, or pay per view pricing punters out of watching the fights, I have to agree. 

If you mean there's no talent in the sport anymore I totally disagree. 

9 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

what do you mean by dead. If you mean promoters and belt organisations have ruined the sport, avoiding the big fights for fear of their fighter losing, or them amassing all the belts, or in the case of fights like this one, with basically amateur fights taking place for big money, or pay per view pricing punters out of watching the fights, I have to agree. 

Yup. The spotlight is rarely on the right fights. There have been some great fights and fighters in the last few years. There's an absurd rigmarole around all of boxing, but that doesn't mean the actual fights are rubbish. And every so often you get a real gem of a fight that goes under the radar because of chumps like Paul and (Tommy) Fury

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

It's been a well known crooked sport for a long time, I boxed for years with some top lads who never got a chance, and complete idiots got chances they never should have. Lets of dodgy stuff going on. 

These 2 idiots have just come in, got themselves a top venue, blasted all over the media, and both of them walked away multimillionaires for doing 8 rounds of some of the worst "boxing" I've ever seen.

Paul reportedly got over $8,000,000 and Fury over $4,000,000. 

I'm not a bettiing man, but my latter predication proved to be correct. A split decision win for Fury in a hugfest! Not much more to add really regarding the specatacle.

The Badou Jack v Makabu fight was a good old slugfest as expected. An excellant performance boxing wise by Jack to take the title against the bigger,stronger and more awkward man in Makabu.

6 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

I'm not a bettiing man, but my latter predication proved to be correct. A split decision win for Fury in a hugfest! Not much more to add really regarding the specatacle.

The Badou Jack v Makabu fight was a good old slugfest as expected. An excellant performance boxing wise by Jack to take the title against the bigger,stronger and more awkward man in Makabu.

A fight once again proving there is plenty of life in boxing - if only the cameras are looking in the right direction!