Proper cartridges

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In all fairness, never had a problem with him. Just bought another 5000 Stone Dead a few weeks ago. He delivered them free himself. Hope he gets sorted and carries on reloading. 

Until I bought his carts, I always used Clear Pigeon and found his Stone Dead  just as good. 32g x 6shot x plastic wad £65 a slab

Many years ago when Bywell shooting ground stocked proper cartridges, they had a 30g 5.5 called proper pigeons in a dark blue case. These were excellent cartridges- designed for high pheasant rather than decoying pigeons.

When Bywell stopped stocking proper cartridges, I contacted George directly, and found him helpful and delivered the cartridges free of charge.

Towards the end of my business with him he became a tad more abrupt and was always trying to get me to by greater amount, which I resisted.

I think he also had a car sales business, dealing in second hand 4x4’s. 

That’s the reason I stopped dealing with him he TOLD me I should buy 20,000 and sell them as he didn’t want 20,000 lying about . He said he didn’t want the money lying in stock ……… but I had too . I’ve been using cheddite since that conversation 

On 12/04/2023 at 20:43, the hitman said:

Many years ago when Bywell shooting ground stocked proper cartridges, they had a 30g 5.5 called proper pigeons in a dark blue case. These were excellent cartridges- designed for high pheasant rather than decoying pigeons.

When Bywell stopped stocking proper cartridges, I contacted George directly, and found him helpful and delivered the cartridges free of charge.

Towards the end of my business with him he became a tad more abrupt and was always trying to get me to by greater amount, which I resisted.

I think he also had a car sales business, dealing in second hand 4x4’s. 

Those 5.5 30 gram were brilliant. 

50 minutes ago, Fellside said:

Those 5.5 30 gram were brilliant. 

I may have told this before - I was beating a few years back, and one of the guns had forgotten his cartridges- the keeper asked if anyone had any in our vehicle’s . I had about 150 of the 30g 5.5 shells which I offered to the gun. Later in the day he asked where he could buy some as they out performed his expensive game cartridges.