Essex gun masters

dann boy

A couple of mates of mine has just been to have look round the masters. Seem to think clays look ok. 
Entry fee is £100 this year they had some food while they were there one had bacon sausage roll other bacon and egg 

one had no bacon in and the other the egg was still raw so I would take a pack up with you unless you fancy the sh##s

19 hours ago, dann boy said:

A couple of mates of mine has just been to have look round the masters. Seem to think clays look ok. 
Entry fee is £100 this year they had some food while they were there one had bacon sausage roll other bacon and egg 

one had no bacon in and the other the egg was still raw so I would take a pack up with you unless you fancy the sh##s

Brilliant 😂

Its defo £100, my food was fine and i didnt gwt the sh$$ts. I thought there was a lot of up close stuff that had nasty little twists to it especially on the red shoot,  this was slightly less on the black and a lot more rangey targets whci I smashed, also straighted a rabbit stand, my biggest triumph was hitting 5 on a stand Where god, eerrr i mean mR Digweed only hit 4.....yes he dropped 4 on one stand then did a 94!!!  so having not shot more than 3-4 times since covid I wasnt surprised I shot a 65 red and 75 black, woke up on the balck layout but too late lol Also starighted the nasty compact at the end, so small victories and a nice day out with Martin 2 and Bob and tosca!!

I decided not to do the Essex this year, which was a tough decision for me as I've not missed one since the very first event way back when.

As far as I'm concerned, the "sparkle" has gone out of the event once they lost the use of the old railway track.

It's obviously still very popular with U/C shooters, and I hope they all enjoyed it.

Very best of luck to those PW members still to shoot.

Cat.😎

7 hours ago, Catamong said:

I decided not to do the Essex this year, which was a tough decision for me as I've not missed one since the very first event way back when.

As far as I'm concerned, the "sparkle" has gone out of the event once they lost the use of the old railway track.

It's obviously still very popular with U/C shooters, and I hope they all enjoyed it.

Very best of luck to those PW members still to shoot.

Cat.😎

Same here and also it used to be excellent value being less than a normal reg shoot per hundred now it’s more expensive!

i shot it on the Saturday. My first time at the Masters!

My first proper crack at a real course, i only shoot at my local club.

I enjoyed it but wont be going again. 200 clays in one day is too many. My head was still ringing Sunday. Half way round the second course i really lost the urge and enthusiasm. 

I will shoot the Super sporting there at Hepworth Hall in September but couldn't do the two courses in one day again. 

• 4 months later...