Busy last couple of days on my camera including a big black cat sighting

crossy 666

Waiting for a fox one morning on a Shropshire estate which had a “big black cat”.  I was sat overlooking a quarry and it was a misty morning. What appeared to be the reputed huge cat was seen creeping along the opposite bank of the quarry. Getting all excited, I grabbed the Hornet and when I looked through the Leupold I could see it was standing next to a house brick which gave me some scale. Disappointing! This one was only a regular moggy.

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

Waiting for a fox one morning on a Shropshire estate which had a “big black cat”.  I was sat overlooking a quarry and it was a misty morning. What appeared to be the reputed huge cat was seen creeping along the opposite bank of the quarry. Getting all excited, I grabbed the Hornet and when I looked through the Leupold I could see it was standing next to a house brick which gave me some scale. Disappointing! This one was only a regular moggy.

looking at the picture of the munty in nearly the same position, I would say a regular moggy.

48 minutes ago, London Best said:

I have spent a good time over the last few months trying to shoot one here. Even dragging munties around the farms and hauling them up trees. Not so much as a siting for me. 

19 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Be careful at night gents I have seen some very experienced top end guys mistake moggys for foxes. Easily done even with top end kit and all the knowledge in the world

Im out every night and a fair few cats are about from the local farm - I honestly would say the difference between the two is striking - far more than a badger or even sometimes a hare 

The one thing i do sometimes wonder is how people can shoot 300 plus yard foxes with 100 percent identification with thermal - i do wonder if some over estimate the range

40 minutes ago, jall25 said:

Im out every night and a fair few cats are about from the local farm - I honestly would say the difference between the two is striking - far more than a badger or even sometimes a hare 

The one thing i do sometimes wonder is how people can shoot 300 plus yard foxes with 100 percent identification with thermal - i do wonder if some over estimate the range

100% they do - you got to remember most folk are full of 💩 sadly.

2 hours ago, Fargo said:

100% they do - you got to remember most folk are full of 💩 sadly.

Too true!

Nobody on here, of course.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

I have spent a good time over the last few months trying to shoot one here. Even dragging munties around the farms and hauling them up trees. Not so much as a siting for me. 

I knew someone who shot one on the Devon/Cornwall border 30 years ago, but he never went public with it.

• 3 months later...