Wine online

mgsontour

Hi all

I'm sick of the same old wines in the supermarkets and looking for an online retailer who reviews their wines accurately and offers value for money?

Although I do enjoy fine wine I after an online retailer that offers a variety of price ranges

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Look up luke flunder he does a lot of reviews via social media but has a website & a email list to subscribe to which sends out weekly reviews & recommendations of wines to try. 

Also majestic wine is well worth a vistit & can be sourced online 

I know you've stated you are tired of supermarket stuff but if you are ever in a sainsbury's & like red wine try d.v cantena malbec around £12 mark sometimes on offer down to £10 spot on imo 

Edited by Stephen-H

15 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i on a whim bought a Stellenboshe at £5.65 from the co-op 2 days ago............was staggered at the taste and quality for something that was only £5.65

I was fortunate enough to visit the Stellenbosch vineyards a few years ago. The wines they produce are outstanding. Great value if you can find them in the UK - as the South African Rand is struggling relative to Stirling. 

11 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Is the wine ditchman

20230528_182348.jpg

HHHhhahhahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa..........i was about to put a picture up of the bottle i have in the fridge...then you did it for me :lol:

im no wine expert ...i just drink what i like...........what do you rekon of it ?

Edited by ditchman

38 minutes ago, ditchman said:

HHHhhahhahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa..........i was about to put a picture up of the bottle i have in the fridge...then you did it for me :lol:

im no wine expert ...i just drink what i like...........what do you rekon of it ?

Stopped off at the co op on the way home from a bbq & remembered your post so grabbed a bottle! Ye for the money it's a good very drinkable red.  Grabbed a bottle of malbec as well will post a picture up of that if it's any good 

1 hour ago, Stephen-H said:

Stopped off at the co op on the way home from a bbq & remembered your post so grabbed a bottle! Ye for the money it's a good very drinkable red.  Grabbed a bottle of malbec as well will post a picture up of that if it's any good 

excellent :good:

3 minutes ago, DrBob1 said:

Their wines are good, but the delivery service is chaotic and sometimes unreliable.

I would agree; When there is an option to use their own van, it is good, but DHL are very poor (local delivery guy excepted as I always seem to get the same driver who is excellent).