Genuine Panasonic 18650 batteries ?

30-6

I recently bought a 940 nm IR torch to try out of curiosity. The manufacturer stated Panasonic batteries were good, so I bought a pair of button top and a pair of flat top from e bay. 

The sellers, two different names but both came from the same address, advertised them as genuine Panasonic brand. I did not notice at the time but the brand logo was not on the pictures they showed.

Now they have arrived and I noticed no brand logo, and the writing differs from the advertised ones.

Am I right to assume that a company would be proud to have their name on their products ?

I cannot find an email for Panasonic to contact them. Pic shows one button top and one flat top.

IMG_20230605_165234_882.jpg

I’m running two pairs of those NCR’s…. with the latest pair arriving last week from ecolux. I know one of the originals came from Shane at CustomHunting with one of the first batch of Pard008’s into the country how ever many years ago that was now.

Both pairs show the feint QR code under the wrapper ….so I’m guessing there’s nothing wrong with your batteries.

ampsplus and ecoluxshopdirect are one and the same and the 10% discount code is Ampsplus23.

cheers

fizz

IMG_2586.jpeg.5c3563f28d46e35f4718f918ad73379a.jpeg

Hello, they could be made by Panasonic and rebranded, those look alright to me, where did you buy from ? , I only use flat tops now, what 940 torch did you buy ?, My last batteries came from torchy boy , I have to say there are some 18650s to never buy , you can get some decent flat tops at a vape shop, this maybe better than eBay, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

• 2 weeks later...

Update for this post.

I tried to contact Panasonic, seems battery enquiries are very low on their interests. So no joy there.

Batteries weigh as suggested on review sites. Done a bit of reading and it seems NCR are more efficient but IMR are safer to use/charge.

Contacted sellers, two different sellers, different names, but came from SAME address. Asked why they did not supply NCR as they advertised bit sent IMR. Reply was  IMR over sticker was mistake, remove it to reveal correct NCR. 

SO, I have decided to keep them, but be wary of them when charging. Others I've been using are different unbranded makes which I have had for years, blissfully unaware of 18650 potential hazards.

Are they genuine Panasonic as advertised, honestly don't know, but at about £8 each who knows. 

Photo in next post as file too big for one post.

Edited by 30-6