No8 shot .

On 09/06/2023 at 18:10, the hitman said:

To answer the OP’s question- yes you can shoot pigeons with No8 shot, and with confidence.

I use 7.5 shot for decoying through 3/4& 1/2 choke.

I have often notice that I have less runners with this combination than I had when I used 32g No5 & 6 shot many years ago.

It beggars belief that in my youth some said they "Always used 4 for pigeons" doesn't it!

On 06/06/2023 at 11:03, Ultrastu said:

Does anybody  reliably use  no8 shot (or 2.3mm )  for decoying pigeons and crows .?

I often use a no7  2.4 mm cart to good effect  but wonder if the next step down is too far . The difference being 15 % less mass  .

Cheers  

I’ve used no8 shot on crows recently as it’s all I had got a call from farmer to get over till he’s cow sheds outside of course and had no problems as long as the shot was in the right place I was using 1/2 3/4 chokes crows crumpled no problem 😌 

On 06/06/2023 at 11:03, Ultrastu said:

Does anybody  reliably use  no8 shot (or 2.3mm )  for decoying pigeons and crows .?

I often use a no7  2.4 mm cart to good effect  but wonder if the next step down is too far . The difference being 15 % less mass  .

Cheers  

Been out today with mix of 7.5 and 8s 

Had 152 crows and 4 pigeons - Killed really really well - Hull Superfast and Eley something or other in 8s