Black humour....USA

ditchman

i saw the report briefly today...but i cant find it now....so if any of you can find it ..put up a link

report was.....................

"...today at a USA airport , a worker got sucked into a planes jet engine.."

i wonder if it will end up on U-tube....

im very much a schodingers cat fan....living in the brief moment.....and i like to imajine the following thoughts went thro' the blokes mind....

1. "ohhh ****"
  2. "**** its hot in here"
  3. "waheeyyyyeeeeeee"......as he comes out the other end in a red mist and floats across the airport...

i wonder who drew the short straw in imforming the family................

51 minutes ago, mellors said:

Nothing new there. 

They die in there thousands every year from the most stupid actions. 

I read yesterday that nearly 500 yanks were killed by golf balls. 

They obviously don't cook them properly   !    🙄

9 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Or cleaning the turbine blades up. It’s never a good thing but it’s not the first time and it won’t be the last. Stupid people will do stupid things. 

It’s not that he was stupid for all we know. 
On the apron, it’s rather a busy place with aircraft docking or pushing back all the time. These days, the guys are working their butts off to achieve short turnarounds or covering for lack of staff.
I haven’t read the piece about it, but maybe he was working the ‘stand’ next door? 

We often taxi in on one engine, but the one that’s shut down will still have the fan spinning. These ramp guys do get complacent, have witnessed it with my own eyes of personnel encroaching the safe area and open a cargo door, before the anti collision beacon has been switched off. Ive seen anti collision beacons off with engines running where the Co-Pilot has switched it off instead of the taxi light. 

There’s also a phenomenon called prop hypnosis, the mesmerising pattern doesn’t seem to register, or it doesn’t appear to be rotating and people have walked straight into them. Had it happen just down the line to a colleague when an engineer did just that on the Fokker 50. 

What I’m trying to say is, don’t tar everyone with Darwinism as that’s a hell of a traumatic, life changing event for all of those present. 
Thoughts to his family. 

48 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

It’s not that he was stupid for all we know. 
On the apron, it’s rather a busy place with aircraft docking or pushing back all the time. These days, the guys are working their butts off to achieve short turnarounds or covering for lack of staff.
I haven’t read the piece about it, but maybe he was working the ‘stand’ next door? 

We often taxi in on one engine, but the one that’s shut down will still have the fan spinning. These ramp guys do get complacent, have witnessed it with my own eyes of personnel encroaching the safe area and open a cargo door, before the anti collision beacon has been switched off. Ive seen anti collision beacons off with engines running where the Co-Pilot has switched it off instead of the taxi light. 

There’s also a phenomenon called prop hypnosis, the mesmerising pattern doesn’t seem to register, or it doesn’t appear to be rotating and people have walked straight into them. Had it happen just down the line to a colleague when an engineer did just that on the Fokker 50. 

What I’m trying to say is, don’t tar everyone with Darwinism as that’s a hell of a traumatic, life changing event for all of those present. 
Thoughts to his family. 

oh fer christ sake ....why do you have to spoil a good story