Carrying Silosocks?

shootingmike

1 hour ago, shootingmike said:

Just got 6 silo socks, 4 head down and 2 with head up. Any ideas for carrying them? Nice and light but a bit awkward with the metal spikes set in them.....

I've found this the spikes end up ripping the bags there in . I either keep the spikes in a separate part of my decoy bag or have thought about putting them in a section of plastic piping with a screw top end either side 

1 hour ago, mellors said:

Plastic overflow pipe or if you've a lot plastic waste pipe you can get blanks for each end. 

That's what i use to to slide pigeon decoy cradles in so much easier to carry. 

These are what I`ve cobbled together. 

A couple of bits of waste pipe and bungee to keep the cradles tidy and as said a length of waste pipe with screw cap ends I use for neck spikes (green wooden garden supports are ideal and cheap)

Note that I spray the tops of the cradles blue so that I can see them and don`t leave them in the field. 

OB

IMG_3713.JPG

4 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

These are what I`ve cobbled together. 

A couple of bits of waste pipe and bungee to keep the cradles tidy and as said a length of waste pipe with screw cap ends I use for neck spikes (green wooden garden supports are ideal and cheap)

Note that I spray the tops of the cradles blue so that I can see them and don`t leave them in the field. 

OB

IMG_3713.JPG

I do the same using old cycle spokes for neck stakes

31 minutes ago, guy baxendale said:

I use one of them as well, it has a divider inside that allows me to put sillosocks on one side and sillohettes on the other it is also handy for sitting on, on the shore

• 4 weeks later...

I have cut the spikes down to half there length and take a equal amount of bamboo cut stakes then set these out and pop the sillysock in the hole of the cane,,, the wire spikes fit nicely inside a piece of alcatheyne water pipe a dozen decoys at a time,,, makes it easier carrying thought set up time is marginally longer I don’t mind as it’s made up for in less effort packing them away